Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reality Check...


Ever have those moments where you can't believe your own reality?


I've had a few... the day I pulled out of my parent's drive to independence and college - crying and laughing and cranking the radio so I didn't hear myself sobbing. The day RyGar proposed to me and I stared in awe at him and then at the sparkling gem on my finger. The day I said yes to spending eternity with my love across the altar surrounded by family and friends. The day I first basked in the Hawaiian sun and felt the waves lapping at my toes. The day I was handed my first little fair-haired angel baby with cherub cheeks and my heart beat outside of my chest. The day my second angel baby was placed in my arms all slippery and pink and new and ready to be loved. And then .... today. The day I held Ryan's hand and watched a dark screen filled with happy dancing movement in the form of a tiny new baby who will soon join our little burgeoning family.

I have a million thoughts swimming in my head and for those of you who are in shock (as we were), yes, this is an announcement. And the thoughts that keep surfacing are those of sheer gratitude and humility. How is it that my lucky stars have aligned so perfectly to give us such a beautiful family? I went from almost accepting that being a mother here on earth wasn't in the grand plan for me.... almost... to what I have now, and I can't imagine not having every part of it. I can't believe I've been granted the opportunity to taste this deliriously good happiness that not long ago I didn't even know existed.


And I know that having another little love won't be easy at first; and grocery shopping, well that may be downright impossible to attempt solo. But easy doesn't give you a reason to get up in the morning. Easy doesn't make your heart jump for joy. Easy doesn't make you feel alive with tangible little kisses, hot tears and warm hugs or those knowing glances that only spouses share through the roller coaster ride known as parenthood.

So... Take That, Easy.

Because I can already see in my mind the first trip to Disneyland, with my little wide-eyed possee and the magic will be tangible and real for each one of them. I can see them all learning to ski at ski-school together on a snowy slope, sharing words of encouragement and giggling as they all topple over each other. And I can already see them laid out on the floor of Grandpa's cabin in sleeping bags with sugary morning breath from midnight candy overdose.

And I know we're up to the task. And it's gonna be "epic".

I feel like the impossible has been achieved for us. I feel the little firefly flutters inside me that indicate new life. I feel the muscles of my heart preparing to stretch even bigger. I feel the love of a family; and not just any family, our beautiful, perfect, forever family. I feel like my reality is more than I could have ever dreamed of.

So there you have it... more good news in the form of tiny fingers and toes and a new "BEE-BEE" as Kaelster says. Just when we thought life couldn't get any sweeter.... it's syrupy.


Coming soon... Baby BOY Gardner Number Three... September 2011.

21 comments:

Andrea said...

NO WAY!!! Holy cow! I am sooo happy for you, and another boy... you are living the dream (and good thing you are so good with the firearms, it'll come in handy)!

Amy B. said...

Yay!!! 3 little boys to wrestle and cuddle with!!!

Summer said...

WHOOT WHOOT!! Funny how even though you live one house away from me, I heard about this VERY exciting news all the way from Seattle. Yup! Good news travels fast. Before you know it you'll be caught up with me. Your hands are gonna be full soon (like they aren't already) Soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!

Becca said...

wait a second.....are you sure this is reality and not a MOVIE?!?!?! TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!! so so happy for you!!! you guys are truly amazing!

The Sutherland Family said...

Bout time you spilled the beans!! Man, you can keep secrets for a long time! I'm so excited for you guys...those 3 little boys with have so much fun together!

Shaun said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and Ryan!

Lindsay said...

Ho. Ly. Cow. Soooo happy for you - what could be more perfect than three little boys so close in age. Wow, wow, wow. Congrats!

J,B and K said...

Wowser! I am so, so, so happy for you guys! I am beyond thrilled! What an amazing story and I can't wait to hear more. Congratulations!

The Belnaps said...

I really thought it was gonna be a girl...I think I am trying to really convince myself we can try to think and decide what the gender will be..but lets face it..you and boys are magical together..and Ry will be in hunting heaven in a few years..he will never lack for a buddy to go with..so congrats to you and the color blue!

TysLindsOlsenFamily said...

That is so awesome!! congrates to you all and to the two best people in the world!! kael and dax are going to be amazing big brothers!

Liz said...

Congratulations that is so exciting!! Hope you are feeling well!!

Fab Five said...

I am so happy for you! I just want you to know that when I am feeling like life is too much to handle I just have to read your blog and you put it all into perspective for me. You are AMAZING!! Those boys are so lucky to have you for their mommy. Can't stop the tears right now.

Adam and Melisa said...

Yay Yay Yay! More boys...so fun! Congratulations! So excited for you!

Laurel said...

Someone has to have all the boys!!! How extremely exciting! CONGRATULATIONS you guys. :)

Cami said...

Holy Moly!!!! I can not believe you've been keeping that little secret for actually a VERY long time:) I loved what your wrote- you should write a book and I bet people would read it because you will have lots of stories about all these little men in your life:) Congrats!!!

Melissa said...

Amber!!! I am so happy and excited for you and your family!! How fun 3 boys....They are lucky to have you as your mom!! Congrats!! Happy Mothers Day!!! (ps keep up the blogging!! I look forward to reading them!)

Lisa said...

Wow! That is so amazing! Super cool, congratulations!

Kanabites said...

So HAPPY!!!!! YAHOO!!!! How fun! BTW I do love road trips with Bry, I just don't love the lots and lots of work and no sleep that we encounter while we are on those road trips. They are getting better though and we are kind of getting better at doing them with a little more sleep each time.

Chrystie said...

Sorry, I have been out of town...CONGRATS!!! You are doing such a great job with your two little men that I figured another one would want to join the fun soon! You are so good at boys! (I will loan you a girl or two for a few hours if you need some pink in your life).

Liz said...

I need to check this computer more often! Wow! You really are Super Mom aren't you!? That's awesome! Congratulations!

PNRBAC said...

*Sniff*sniff* can you please pass the tissues? I don't know if it's the post pardum hormones or the stage in life we are sharing but number 3 is a pretty special one and parenthood is a pretty special calling.
...and you're right...shopping with this many is pretty impossible...