Friday, May 13, 2011

Reading Rainbow...


I think I have mentioned my kids' love and adoration of all things book. They love themselves a good page turner. And it is really stinkin' cute.... except that it leads to a lot of this.


It's like they can't get to all of them fast enough. I guess I should tell them this is not a "Minute to Win It" challenge because it is driving me slightly insane.


But, like a champ, I put up with it, because I'm pretty sure we are raising a couple of geniuses. Which I'm down with especially for retirement purposes. :)


And on a side note - my Mom "kindly" delivered our childhood libraries to my sibs and I so that "some day her grand kids could enjoy the same books their parents did". Ha! You were purging and you know it, mama! Let's call a spade a spade, shall we?


Anyway, I feel bad for my boys - they have some winners for options.... The Babysitter's Club, Nancy Drew Files and The Road to Avonlea just to name a few series.


And then this little gem, which happens to be the reason I became obsessed with sleeping with all my facial orifices closed tightly. Did you know the average American eats 4-6 insects and spiders in their sleep annually? I have cracked teeth now for clenching my jaw so tightly in my slumber to avert this stat. That is not a lie.
So... sweet dreams to that.


Kaelster found this embarrassing yet endearing tid-bit for my swista who professed her love for Micah D. in one of my mystery novels complete with double and triple underlining for emphasis. Sisters. Always defiling one thing or another.
Ha Ha. :)


P.S. Dear Grandpa Gardner and Uncle Steve. Do take note that none of your laboriously penned ginormous accounting texts (on the bottom left) are ever tampered with.
A coincidence? I think not.
Just Sayin'.

5 comments:

Amy B. said...

hahaha...we have a specific chore that states 'straighten bookshelf' for this EXACT same reason at our house!

Mel said...

That is so cute, but so annoying at the same time! I see it didn't save my post from the other day..but CONGRATS to you!! You should have text me, days ago, so I could have been excited for you sooner!

The Belnaps said...

Shut up! I read every Babysitters Club and Nancy Drew book ever..and check what a smartie I am..well at least I'm a good baby-sitter...

Jen McGill said...

When I purged my collection of tween lit the used book owner almost had a heart attack when he opened the box and found a pristine complete set of Sweet Valley High romance books in addition to the Babysitter's Club series. I had them all! They must be worth something, Amber! But save them for #4 and #5, (which will surely be girls!).

The Sutherland Family said...

Oh my gosh...that's hilarious and embarrassing at the same time. Can't believe your sharing that to the blog world =) I'll get you back...