Thursday, December 31, 2015

That Ole' Tubin' Hill...

Do you know where the land of "Frozen" is?  It's not Arrendelle, that's for sure.
Lemme tell you, it's Soldier Hollow at dusk.  Now THAT is frozen.
But my hardy little fellers rode the old tubing hill for two full hours in five degree weather with nary a complaint until their time was up and suddenly "their toes were frozen" and "they could barely talk" they were so cold.  Ha Ha.  Nothing a little hot chocolate couldn't fix in record time.
It was fun and memorable.  Tubing under the lights is not something you easily forget.  Especially when you free load up the old tubing hill in a "lift" and then slip and slide down in group fashion with Daddy-o.  I told them to "make a special noise" so I would know when they were coming and soon the hillside was filled with, "BEE-DO, BEE-DO, BEE-DO!" a la Minions.  It was a winning moment.  :)
I am learning that my crew is comprised of a bunch of snow warriors.
Even this confused little dude who was bass-akwards more often than not.  :)
So let this year of El Nino weather hit us hard and fill our mountains full of the white stuff.  I might have to snuggle in with my newest little boyfriend for a while, but we'll be out there together again before I know it.
Under the lights of the ole' tubin' hill.

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

That really does look SO freezing! But fun freezing =)