Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Eve 2015...

We are going on three years running with our Christmas Eve Ski tradition at Sundance.  This year, the weather made our ski that much more magical and these little dudes were really starting to get the gist of things on the slopes.
Pardon me while I stare at this picture and swoon over that dude I married and those little people we love on every day.  Man am I a lucky girl or what?
Since I was out of commission in the ski department this year (Rocking my 38 week bump), RyGar took each boy one at a time.  I hung at home and at the lodge and kept them fed, hydrated and mostly dry... those massive piles of snow were too tempting to remain untouched.
Dax collected icicles for HOURS.  We have an impressive collection in our freezer at home.  And Ace cheered for all and gave fist bumps for luck.  What good sports! 
Waiting like gentlemen as best as we know how.  It ain't easy, but one adult to three little skiers means patience and since it was Christmas Eve they complied pretty graciously.
 And then we were off to Grandma "Jam"ice's for some dinner and festivities with some cousins.
 We read the story of Jesus' birth and used one of Grandma's darling nativity sets as visual aids.
 After dinner, we were driving home when SANTA called!  He told the boys to hurry and get ready for bed because he was getting close to HIGHLAND!  The flurry of activity was completely epic!
They bathed, bejammied, sprinkled reindeer food, prepped cookies and prayed in record time.
:)
And then they were off to bed.  Looking like little cherubs with visions of sugar plums in their heads.
After they were tucked in Ryan and I hiked outside to the most gorgeous Christmas Eve scene in my memory.  I won't lie - white Christmases are my love language.
I could barely sleep that night in anticipation of the next day because our home won't always be filled with little believers in matching PJs... but these days that they are - are magical!

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

Aw...so cute! Merry Christmas!