Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas Cookies...

We got 'dem Christmas Cookies made!
I just feel like it isn't really Christmas until I've made and ingested sugar cookies for three meals straight.  Way to go self-control.
This year my helpers were ALL about it.  I've never seen them get quite so into it - both literally and figuratively.  Kael even declared that when he is older he is going to own a bakery and bake all kinds of "super good things" for people to buy for lots of money.  I was told I can run the register.  :)
If you want the softest, chewiest, yummiest sugar cookies to ever touch your tongue - the recipe is right here.  
If you want frosting to tickle your tastebuds - use lemon and almond extract -- a little secret I learned from my Mom.  
If you want some of our cookies - just think twice because although we're healthy as horses over here - we're also pretty "hands on" and there was a significant amount of dough and frosting being sampled.
And let's just talk about the Christmas miracle of all miracles...
These bakers in boy form all volunteered to clean up.
I daresay they're catching on to all this "Naughty & Nice" talk surrounding the holidays.

Go team Gardner Guys!

No comments: