Sunday, December 20, 2015

In Downtown...

Maybe we've been living right.
Aside from a horrific start to this evening, (traffic was insane) we made it to temple square just AFTER the Mormon Tabernacle Choir started their Christmas performance.   And guess what that meant?  A nearly EMPTY temple square since everyone had clambered in to listen to Christmas music.
It was GORGEOUS.
Just enough snow to blanket everything in white and make things sparkle a wee bit more.
The dudes all trudged through the grounds like champs with little rosy cheeks smiling up beneath winter hats.  Which is a love language all in and of itself -- Beanies for life, babes.
And they saw things they claimed they "have never seen before" largely because the pathways were clear of crowds and they could get up close to the various nativities and the reflection pond.  It was a little bit of late night Christmas magic.
I feel overwhelming lucky to have these boys -- especially RyGar -- in my life.  And it still amazes me every day that we have another one on the way.  I hope they each know how very much they are loved by their Dad and I.  How long we begged their maker for the chance to be their Mama & Daddy-o and how blessed we feel that these choice sons of God came to our home.  I hope they focus on living like their elder brother, Jesus Christ.  I hope they laugh incessantly for the rest of their lives together.  I can certainly attest, there is something magical about the bond of brotherhood.
Feeling especially grateful for my Eternal family this season.  And for the gift of Motherhood as we celebrate Christ's birth during this Christmas.
I know they won't always be small and up for a trip with their parents to every Christmasy site.  Our house won't always be full of little ones in matching buffalo check pajamas... but I am forever grateful for this very special & magical window.
And for these little Christmasy moments full of serenity.
And to All a Good Night.
XO

1 comment:

Chrystie said...


Awwwwwww....I love this! You are such a diligent blogger!