Monday, November 2, 2015

The Big Spook...

Well did y'all survive that marathon of a weekend?  Sheesh… by the time all the Preschool parties, Kindergarten parades, family parties, AND trick-or-treating was all said and done, I was officially ready to nap my way through half of November.  Kidding.  Kind of.
On the plus side, it made for some great time together with the kiddos soaking in the magic of another holiday in the form of "mummy dogs" & over-frosted sugar cookies.
Let's begin with the carving of the gourds, shall we?  It is my most loathed of all the Halloween traditions, but I play along because it seems to not be dropping off the proverbial holiday checklist any time soon.  And so… I draw, the boys "gut", and Ryno carves.  It's a symbiotic relationship.
And then we had a jack-o-lantern pizza and some root beer served over dry ice.
Holy Dry Ice!
These boys were completely mystified as it smoked and gurgled and Ryno filled their heads with "strange ingredients" he had used to create their brew!  Ryno nearly gave them a heart attack when he stuck his hand down in the "fog" and pretended that the creature from the dark abyss was attacking him.  I mean, seriously… their little faces!  They were so concerned for their Daddy-o and then they burst into giggles and mimicked that stellar move for the next ten minutes!  Ha Ha
After soccer games and visits from Grandma & Grandpa it was FINALLY time to go trick-or-treating.
Cousin Zane joined my dark lords and my little wookie to canvas the neighborhood.
They made out like bandits and came home totally wiped out.
Ace Face said to his mama, "I fink I just need a bath and bedtime, Mom."  I was all kinds of heart eyes at that little proclamation.
The next morning they all woke up an hour too early (thanks Daylight Savings time) AND a little croupy, but they dutifully got to work sorting their buckets full of goodies.  Kael gave us his "rejects" like a semi-sweet little lad, and Ryno collected a candy tax or two from Dax and Ace.
And now… Happy November!
Wait, What?!
Holy Moly I better get my act together for a few upcoming events… just some little things, like, you know, Thanksgiving, Christmas and a BABY!  Whoa...

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

So cute! Did you hit up the Doug Smith trunk or treat this year?! Sad we missed it!