Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Of Miracles...

I am the lucky woman who gets to teach Ace Face in Sunbeams.  I say that a bit snarkily even though I can't think of another church calling I would enjoy more than being in Primary with my little folks.  But this past week, all those hours prepping lessons and activities for my little friends came full circle for me in the best possible way...
Ace was out playing on the Kindi playground as we waited for Kael and his buddies to finish up school to drive them all home.  I had the window down to listen to him play and a small class of students was already out on the tiny playground enjoying a warm-ish day.

Ace climbed to the top of the webbed dome toy and sat face-to-face with a little girl who clearly had only one functioning eye beneath her thick glasses.  I heard him say, "What is wrong with your eye?"  And my heart stopped beating.  "OH NO!" I thought, and I almost rushed myself out of the car to play interference.  Instead I heard her say, "Oh, it's broken.  It's been broken my whole life."  To which my little Acey in a concerned voice said, "Have you had your doctor look at it?"  The little girl nodded and said, "Lots of doctors have looked at it but they can't fix it."

Ace paused for a moment and then bravely trudged on and said, "You know, you should call Jesus.  He could put some special mud on it and then when you washed it off, your eye would be all better."

I almost died.
I love more than anything that he had such pure and unwavering faith in his Savior, Jesus Christ and the miracles that he knows He can perform for any one of his children.  I love that he listened to one of the stories he heard at church and could recount it in a moment that made perfect sense, and to someone he really felt needed to hear it.  And I love that he was willing to share what he thought would be a miraculous and life-changing aid for a little girl that he had no judgement toward - just pure love for.

Out of the mouths of babes, I tell you.
Sign me up for all the years of teaching Sunbeams.  It would be my privilege and honor to hang with the church's most pure of heart.

Thanks for the "glimpse" Ace.  Your mama loves you so, and is most grateful to her Maker for letting her love on you & your brothers for a short while.
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone.
XO

No comments: