Monday, November 23, 2015

Museums for Kids...

Did I ever tell you that since having kids my love language is children's museums?
Sure, they're full of germs and for some reason every one we've ever been to has a "water section" which leaves us damp for the duration of the visit.  But they are magic... pure magic!
The first exhibit at any given kids museum always ends up being the one we spend the most time at.  It's just so cool they can't imagine anything ever topping it... and, this particular one involved balls, so you know... an hour and a half later we finally realized there was far more to the museum than this awesome ball/tube/air display.
And then when they do realize there is more to this bag o' tricks?  What a conundrum!  How will they ever divvy up the remaining time amongst all the unexplored exhibits!??  That's the way it always goes. And still, if I give us a healthy four hour window of time I'm usually OK to drag them out mostly satiated and usually hungry at the end of our half-day affair.
Random Side Note:  I totally see their little ultrasound profiles while they play sometimes.  See Exhibit A above.  That's not just the hormones talking, right?!  Nooooo, totally normal I think.  :)
On this particular trip they rocked my world at the "Life Flight/Children's Hospital" section.  They were ALL business.  I mean look at their faces?
Just SO busy saving one life at a time and using their readily available helicopter to transport accident prone kids to the hospital whilst utilizing their CB radios like crack addicts -- talking over one another's transmissions an endless number of times.
But the urgency!  The dedication to health and well-being!  Truly impressive.
So cheers magic in the form of children's museums.  I mean really, when we left, Dax said verbatim to me:  "That is my favorite place on EARTH.  COMPLETELY!"
So we enjoy it.  Enjoy it.  Enjoy it.  'Tis my mantra in motherhood and all things children's museums.

No comments: