Tuesday, November 17, 2015

On Gratitude...

I'm a huge proponent of gracious manners.  I am addicted to Thank You notes and I'm a cray-cray person about my kids saying thank you whenever they're given anything.  So.... when I saw on a friend's social media the link to this "Give With Thanks" project I was on board immediately.
And let me just tell you they have made my mama heart so happy scheming about who they can help or take treats to or leave a note for.  It's been so fun watching them "earn their leaves".
Our Primary President talked to the kiddos a few weeks ago about a little friend in our Stake that has been diagnosed with leukemia.  His name is Zach and she asked all the kids to pray for Zach that Heavenly Father will heal him and make him feel better.  Well, my sweet boys have been gently reminding one another during prayer time to, "Remember Zach," and Dax dutifully and earnestly prays, "That Zach will get better from the 'lukini' and be strong and healthy again."
My heart melts every time I hear them.
That's not to say that they still aren't my crazy little tribe.  The mailman delivered a toy catalogue from Walmart and like vultures they climbed atop the kitchen table and raced to circle every single item they want Santa to bring them... so we've got a ways to go.  But we're learning.
And our little gratitude tree is filling up with the most beautiful and vibrant fall leaves.  And for that, I have a grateful heart.

2 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Oh my heck i totally know the Zach your talking about! Is it Zach Johansen?

Chrystie said...

What a good momma you are! I love this idea (and btw, we still have catalogs full of circles at our house...heck, I sometimes circle stuff in catalogs and leave them in strategic locations at this time of year :)