Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The First Snow...

It's kind of become our thing... the celebration of the First Snow.
We've caught it mid day for two years running now.  This year, we snagged a taco and packed some juice boxes and headed up the canyon to really relish the first snow of the season.  And thanks to looming Christmas Card pictures, I even had some coordinating duds all hanging and ready to wear.  That's the universe's way of saying, "Shirk all responsibility & Go for the win, Mama."
It was just as perfect as I hoped and just as quiet and peaceful (until the Gardner Guys arrived) too!  :)  We had Tibble Fork ALL to ourselves!  That just doesn't happen rain or shine, folks.  I quickly became enchanted... I mean, those trees!  That fog!  The Mountains!  Music!  My tiny boyfriends!  SNOW!  I was geeking out all over the place and my kids picked up on my energy and just... joined right in!
With Gusto!
Our collective enjoy-o-meter was raging past 90 miles an hour and we were happily eating fresh white snow and catching flakes on our extended tongues, group style.  And those moments... the ones where everyone can feel the anticipation of good holiday things ahead and still fully bask in the present of exciting firsts all around us?  Oh Holy Sweet Spot, am I right?!
I feel like if there is dancing and giggling everywhere - things automatically reach party status.  So there you have it... we partied together in the picturesque first snow of the season in November.  And I'll be honest I was THIS close to coming home and putting up a Christmas tree.  GASP!  But instead we sipped on hot (lukewarm for the boys) chocolate and watched Frozen because we're cliche like that.
The face of a boy who just threw a snowball at his mama two seconds after I asked him to stop throwing snowballs at his mama... See Below:
Winter... we are SO ready for you.  Thanks for starting us off on the right foot.  You get a bad rap
... but we wouldn't miss you and all your buffalo check for the world! 

No comments: