Friday, October 30, 2015

The Force...

The force is strong upon young ones... that force being the "Grand Master Marketing Plan" that Disney cooked up leading up to the new Star Wars movie.  Because hello... I present to you, my little Star Wars characters a.k.a. my Halloweeners.  
There was nothing else they were going to be this year.  Star Wars is it.  Mostly because they get to be bad guys and carry weapons - I'm convinced.  I'm just saying, if I were a drinker, that would be my drinking game this year... a shot for every Star Wars character that rung my doorbell.  Good times.
Anyway, we have ourselves a Darth Vader, a Kylo Ren (the new bad guy we have yet to even see on the big screen) and a Chewbacca -- because really Ace wanted to be a Tiger but he ditched that when he saw the writing on the wall, and maybe a brother or two convinced him with some baseball cards?  Just a guess.

We visited the "Space Ship" park and snapped some photos of these scary dudes earlier this week.  When they said, "space ship park" I pictured sleek metal playing apparati... and when we got there to this all wood number I rolled with it.  Maybe this is some ghost town planet called Naboo or something?  What's a girl gonna do?
Poor Chewy was really struggling with his mask that was "pinching his eyes" and it sounded like a terrible plight to endure -- hence in most of his pictures he looks a wee bit wasted.  C'Mon Chewy... Wookie up and get your act together!  :)
Kylo and Darth were stealthily climbing around to find unsuspecting little people to scare and generally practicing their monkey bar and ring skills.  They take this bad guy business pretty seriously.
 It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it, you know?  And I guess long gone are the days they want to be something cute and cuddly?  That ends at the ripe old age of four with wee lads, y'all.
That's a fact I'm sad to report. 
Whatever they dress up as - they're still my little animals.  They split their time and talents between "Wee Lads of Love" and "Naughty little Newts".  And I dig it.
Happy Halloween, Y'all.  May the force be with you as well.