Monday, August 24, 2015

You Say Tomato...

I have a few gardeners on my hands.  In more ways than one.  Especially the big guy. We've joked and sung, "The Farmer that's in Kael, the farmer that's in Kael, Hi Ho the Dairy-o, There's a farmer inside Kael."  He is serious about checking his crops first thing every morning.  :)
Yesterday, while I was mowing, they set up a system for collecting their harvest.  It was pretty adorable and efficient all wrapped into one.

Kael picked.
Dax washed.
Ace dried.
They were proud as punch.
Sure, I had to mop the floor afterwards thanks to the superfluous water from the sink that dripped from hither to dither.  Which led to tiny black footprints smudged from the sink to the back door.  And yes, I had to remove a sliver from Kael's foot.   But still, it was worth it.
It's fun to see the three main things I'm trying to grow up good and sweet (with just enough tang) spend their morning teaming up to pick the other things we're trying to grow up good and sweet... 
Love them.

No comments: