Friday, August 14, 2015

Homework, Oh Homework...

I've broken out the summer workbooks maybe five times this summer?  Far less than I hoped for, but better than nothing at all, right?!  Sundays kind of count as double duty since they have to practice holding still and remain relatively quiet with just crayons for entertainment for three hours at a time... or so I tell myself.

I always feel as if I'm channeling my mama, the teacher of all teachers, when I get my homework game face on.  Just a girl carrying on Grandma Gail's torch of enlightenment and education...
You know, no big deal.  :)

The other day I got on a little manners kick.
Which led me to teaching the boys how to properly set the table.  I almost keeled over and died at how seriously they took this little exercise.  Kael was baking a cake for desert, Dax set the table, and Ace was "making his bed" (which is a work in progress to say the least).  
They may not have it yet, but dangit... future wives of the Gardner guys, we be workin' on it!  :)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Oh man, we buy those summer homework books with the best of intentions, don't we? Visions of daily learning sessions dancing in our heads, when ours stayed in a drawer for pretty much the whole month of July. Good job busting them out at all! Looks like the future wives of the Gardner boys are going to be some lucky ladies!