Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Summer Snippets...

I'm a list girl.  I thrive when I set myself those little mini-goals on a sheet of yellow legal paper.  I diligently cross off my self-imposed "to-dos" daily.  It's my jam.
And you know, here we are at the close of summer and we're darn close to making big, dark, lines through the last of our summer scripts.  It feels good.  It helps me feel ready for the inevitable next step: school, schedule, homework & lessons.
We've had "play in the sprinklers" on the list all summer.  Now, I have to say that I thought playing in the hose and playing in the sprinkler were one in the same, but I had two little summer aficionados who begged to differ yesterday.
So sprinkler it was.  And of course, it didn't end up looking all "run through the sprinkler-like" but rather fill up buckets, dump buckets on one another, repeat.
It was a gorgeous afternoon with little friends.  Our time on the front lawn morphed into bubbles and sidewalk chalk and bikes.  And there it was, begging to have it's picture taken, the last few snippets of simple summer pleasures at home.
This weekend we'll be getting our fair on - and we're all "fairly excited" hardy har har.  We hope to make some corn shucking & mutton busting memories.  It's gonna be great.
But seriously, with our toes in the shallow shoreline of summer, it feels good to have crossed most of our lofty "sprinkler, swimming, hiking" goals off our list.

No comments: