Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Firsts...

There have been a great many firsts here this past week.  I've been oddly calm and fine about the whole thing.  Probably because we held the two older boys with the summer birthdays back which gave me a little more time to get in the right state of mind and made them RARING to go!  Win Win.

Kaelster started Kindergarten and let me walk him across the field to school exactly two times before he was too big and could do it with his friend.  (Tear)  He has Mrs. Whittle for morning Kindi and loves everything about it!  
When I picked him up after his first day, he said, "That was WAY easy!  It took only like ten minutes AND we had recess and I'm STARVING!"  We celebrated with Happy Meals at McDonalds and then the hungry little learner requested two apple pies and an additional order of nuggets which he promptly devoured.  Voracious appetite for food and learning at this point in time... and I love it.

Dax Man started his third year of Preschool and was a complete champ.  He wasn't even a smidgeon nervous and when I picked him up he reported, "I love Preschool!  I have three new friends named, Tate, Thomas and Isaac and I already got a treasure out of the treasure box!  Oh and we had chocolate muffins for snack time and they were gooooood!"
 Dax is our little politician who makes friends easily and has no problem accepting new routines, rules or challenges.  The only thing he wanted to commemorate his successful first day was a Light Saber.  No joke.  So we bought him a glow stick light saber at Partyland and all is right with the world.  Please let it always be this easy!  :)  And please let Dax always be such a complete stud.

Ace Face started his very first year of Preschool today.  I thought he might have some last minute nerves which I was fully prepared to deal with, but nope.  He hung up his back pack, put his shoes in his cubby and RAN like the wind into the class room!  I had to snag him by the elbow to even get a little hug!
 
 Ace is fearless and confident and funny with a tiny helping of crazy.  He will use his "life of the party personality" to his benefit for the rest of his life and being so independent at the ripe old age of three is something to be marveled at.  At the end of the day he remembered no one's name, but he did recall that he played with an awesome tiger toy during play time and read a book about a "little raccoon".  And I remember his proud little face.

I have a pretty sweet gig at the present moment.  I have two hours each day where I get to revel in one-on-one time with either Dax or Ace depending on whose Preschool day it is.  Then when Kael gets home we eat lunch together and head out to play before I get to sit at the table and do homework with the big man.  No complaints here.
They are learning and growing so fast!  We've definitely received a promotion in parenthood with the onset of Elementary school and we feel so lucky that they all seem to enjoy school and are blooming where they've been planted.  Go get 'em boys!  And also, fingers crossed for you, teachers!  :)

No comments: