Friday, June 20, 2014

The Rain Came Down...

It rained in our valley this past week.  Not a warm summer's rain.  A cold, take-your-breath-away, icy rain that made for a short splash session - but a splash session nonetheless.
I don't know about you, but I could get transfixed in lashes laden with rain drops.  And hair with frosted tips peeking out from rain coat hoods.  And shorts that sag after puddle jumping to reach the tops of galoshes.

And this.
The family that sprays together stays together.
Eh?
I don't remember a colder spell of weather in June.  In fact, our mountains were covered in white and green.  Snow capped and lush.  The dichotomy of the two was so delicious even my cell phone pointed out the window of my car could pick up on the brilliance.
 And the sunsets that God delivered after our little summer snap of winter?
Fuh-get-about-it.  They've been out of this world. 
June, between this and your killer "Honey Moon" you might get my vote for favorite month
of summer in 2014. 

No comments: