Monday, June 30, 2014

In Bulk...

Sometimes I want to move out to the hills and work a ranch.  Complete with fields of billowing golden grain, a fence, some chickens, a couple of cows and grazing horses.  

And boys and puppies.
In bulk.
Ace Face would happily concur.  This boy and those pups.  He only wished he had more arms to scoop up more furry friends to snuggle and pet and shmoosh.  When he stumbled upon another pup at his feet the conundrum on his face said it all... for the love, that kid.
I don't know how I got so lucky.  I know it sounds trite but I mean it.  I have the benefit of having perspective regarding kids... years without and now a few years with.  And lemme tell you, I'll take these years a thousand times over.  And the fastest, fleeting years when these guys were rolling around in diapers like little puppies themselves?  Be still my beating heart.
 
These moments when I see all this adorable-ness in pictures?  These are when I pat the hubs on the back and even congratulate myself on making perfect babies.  It's bonkers, is what.  And it makes my uterus implode.  Yes, they are rowdy and dirty and loud and can't sit still to save their lives... but oh, they are perfect to me.  My soul dances as they thrive.
So, I'm in the market.  For a ranch.  With land and chickens and cows and horses...
For these guys.  And their furry friends.
Sign me up, Buttercup.

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

SO cute! Glad you could come see those pups before they're too big!