Sunday, June 15, 2014

For Our Dad...

I wish I could really find the words to describe what kind of a father my RyGar is.
How tender his heart is for these little beings he co-created.  What it's like to be witness to the magical love he has for these three blessed little souls.  It's like every cell in his body has been given an abundance of Daddy genes -- the kind that instinctively know how to cradle a baby, how to cure an attitude, how to be firm but gentle.
He was made to be a daddy and the three boys that are lucky enough to call him that know it.
RyGar... thank you for giving me three beautiful, amazing little boys.  I dreamt of this life ever since I was a little girl --  this life of being a mama.  And because of you, it is so much more beautiful than I ever hoped.  I rarely worry about who they will become because you help me model so much love.  I know they will be confident and strong and true.
I love the way I hear you say, "I love you" to your boys every night and the way your face beams when they say it back.  I love you for the way you teach them.  Laugh with them.  Talk with them.  Love them.  And me.  I love you for the amazing father you are and for the amazing father I know you will be for the many years ahead.
The heart of a father is a masterpiece of nature.
Ryan's heart is the piece de resistance.
And I'm so, so lucky.
And to my own dad, our Grandpa Hooky, thank you for everything you've been to me and my family.  I love you so very much.  It is one of my greatest joys to become an adult and call you one of my dearest friends.
And Happy Father's Day to my F.I.L.-- We love you Grandpa, Bob!
Now go kiss a Dad somewhere, y'all!

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Awwwwwww. Cute post! Dads are great!