Monday, May 6, 2013

Girl Talk...

It's high time I talked about a few things on my mind that are not, ok, are barely, kid related.  You know, like this is mostly a post for us gals, because sometimes, you just need to remember that you are a pretty rad person all on your own... without toting around tiny people who are screaming at you because you didn't give them the pink candy (aka Childrens Pepto Bismol) from the depths of your purse... something they discovered as they threw out EVERYTHING from your bag including, tampons and lip gloss as they pilfered through your belongings like robbers trying to ransack through your house.  All this as I debated whether or not to purchase the cutest damn maxi dress you've ever seen -- or not to, because it was from the maternity section of Target?  Before we go further (and do remember that this is a post that is going to be light on kid content... I am NOT pregnant (you did take note of the tampon comment, right?)... but may I present to you my latest discovery in the world of fashion... MORE MATERIAL utilized in prego maxi dresses - hence more length.  For us tall gals - this is Christopher Columbus stuff.)  And in closure to this utterly & delightfully random paragraph... How many parentheses are allowed in the mother of all run-on thoughts?  Pretty sure I just broke that rule all to smithereens.


Any whootie...

It should be noted that I wore white pants to the movie theatre on Friday night to the opening night of Iron Man 3 and not one little foot print left it's mark on my upper thighs.  White pants are the official pant of date night.  And, Iron Man 3?  You must see it and I'm not even a Superhero movie kinda gal.  Perhaps it was "SOOO Good" because I was sitting next to RyGar (whose cologne is edible these days) and we were sharing a tub of popcorn the size of a five-gallon bucket, but really, I just think it was good.  And Robert Downy?  Swoon.  no lie - I laughed out loud several times.  And, speaking of LOL - with the sheer volume of those I am receiving lately via text messages, you would presume I lived in a constant state of hilarity, no?

Also on the docket for evening gal talk... I purchased two girlie little things at my local Walgreens that are worth sharing...
1.  Essie nail polish in Peach Daiquiri which now resides happily on my toes - smiling up at me through all my sandals every day with its neon, pink, peachiness...
AND
2.  Illuminating Primer, which lies gracefully under my BB Cream to hide these crazy adult woman hormone pimples I have popping up on my chin these days.  What is that about?  And when will it end?  And to illuminate those dark circles under my eyes in an attempt to camouflage since just last night I was up in the middle of the night with the biggest little man steaming the croup right out of his system in the bathroom and then again in the wee hours of morning with an ornery teething littlest little.  Cue the ending of kid talk, now.  But note that last night Dax Man was my favorite child.  :)


Also, it is worth mentioning that I am a lukewarm runner at best.  And yet, like a crazy running addict I signed up for three races this summer.  And one of them?  Yep, one of them is the Ragnar in late June.  I almost want to die just thinking about it because my cousin and his wife are RUNNERS.  Hard-core, killer runners that are signing up for every single race in the tri-state area this summer including marathons and I just thought in my blissful 5k state that I would be able to run at par with them?  I'm delusional.  Good thing they are nice and funny and nice... oh, and fast to make up for some sorry legs that will be run by yours truly.  And good thing some folks who occasionally read this little blog are actual runners and can leave me their best tips and tricks.  Thanks in advance... oh, and pray for me?  :)

And finally, let it be known that the eighties will really never die.  I did indeed jump aboard the neon skinny jean fad to the tune of $10.  Which caught me off guard because it really was an even ten dollars, not $9.99 as usual... way to shake things up JCP!  And I used to have pink neon-ish acid-washed wranglers in elementary school in the eighties to go with my boots because I was a cute little cowgirl living the Rodeo Queen dream in hickville... and just typing that sentence makes me smile like a goon down here at the computer all to myself.   

And that is a wrap for Monday evening random thoughts... from one spandex clad mama who is off to hit the pavement to her girlie jam.  This Girl is On Fire.... Anyone?  Come on, you know you love it.
:)

3 comments:

Chrystie said...

You will have a great time at Ragnar. Here is my advice - get yourself a running playlist that makes you smile and want to dance down the road, and "just keep running, just keep running, just keep running, running, running!" What other races are you signed up for? Maybe we could run into each other at a run and run together?

The Sutherland Family said...

I LOVE JCP, your new "maternity" maxi and I can't wait to see the new ironman 3!!

The Belnaps said...

can't believe you didn't text me about the primer shiz..hello you remember my shiny red chin right! sheesh..I want the full descript asap. And can i please go shopping with you. i hate pants and these thighs. And i love parenthesis and run-ons..obviously...and ironman 3? really? ok ok...i believe you. and what is up with the gloves in pic 1? the end!