Sunday, May 12, 2013

Motherhood...

Today is a day that I think of all the saucy, stylish, silly, simply divine women in my life.
And let me be clear... there are many.  

Of course, I was blessed in the family tree department and I have the loveliest of all Mamas and Grand Mamas... but then my web of supporting female roles stretches on out to Mama-In-Law, whom we shall refer to as, "Bonus Mama", Sisters (Outlaws & In), Birth Mama Extraordinaire, Aunts, Cousins, Friends, Neighbors, CoWorkers, Fellow Target Toy Aisle Mamas & Everyone else of the Female variety who lifts me up (and yes, that includes the gals online that teach me the art of the top knot to literally lift my tresses and make me happy)... you are all part of my proverbial village and I love you.  

Thank you... for helping me raise these little men of mine into (fingers crossed) upstanding citizens and for smiling at me with knowing looks when a belch comes from the corner booth at Taco Time and is pursued with a chorus of giggles.  

See what I mean?  This is a big day, people.  

I love this grainy scanned picture... 
My Mama laughing and my Sis & I just months after becoming mamas again...

And on the flip side... this is the day I think of my boys.  My big boy that made me first his Wife and then a Mama.  And my little boys, who just lob me big old Mama Merengue Pies every single day.  I just don't know how to sum it all up without getting completely dopey with emotion, so I will cut this short by saying, I just HIGHLY recommend motherhood.  It begs of nearly all you have to do it... but the little, spontaneous, out-of-left-field, beyond the Universe rewarding returns are more magnificent than you ever imagined they could be.  Especially for those of us that rarely ever know what we're doing.


So, Mama Mias, Fem Crushes, Lady Loves, Great Gals of the Galaxy...

Happy Mother's Day!
From One of Your Biggest Fans...
And her little club of boys.
XOXO.

2 comments:

The Belnaps said...

Right back atcha..to one of the best mamas out there!

The Sutherland Family said...

That picture of us cracks me up. Happy Mother's Day!!