Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summa Time....


I don't even know how to cram into the blog all the things that we've been up to lately...
And it's not as if I've fallen woefully behind... and yet it is.
How does that happen in a week?
I told my sis-in-law that I now understand TLC's "Hoarders" because I feel as if I could miss two days of laundry and clean up and unpacking from the days events and there I would be... in a heap of stuff... The birth of a hoarder.

Anyway... we've been busy.
My kids have the tans to prove it.
And occasionally they have a little case of the "up past my bedtime summer orneriness"that they wear like tattoos to show the world...
"We've been rockin' summa time hard and you know it."
Can that possibly be avoided?
TEACH ME!






We got a trampoline.
Also known as a "Jump Jump".
The littles love it.
It will soon be buried in the ground.
Then I will fully love it.
Coop loves it most.
He just pivots around with it's shadow to lie in it's shade.
"Coop and the trampoline sittin' in a tree."

We went to a baseball game.
It started at seven which is bath time.
It ended at ten which is WAY past bed time.
The littles loved it and were adorable for exactly 1/2 of the time.
They were sticky, sweaty and less than adorable the other 1/2.
Which means Ry and I were sweltering and disheveled for the last 1/2.
But they still talk about watching the "baseball boys" so I suppose it was worth it.
AND... drumroll please.... they all slept past 8 the next morning.
Big deal, that is.

We went to the park for a picnic with Daddy.
He seems to be highest on their list of celebrities right now.
The other day he had to go to work for a meeting and instead of waving from the playroom window...
They followed him out to his car.
Followed his car out the driveway.
Ran their little bare feet down the sidewalk chasing after his car.
The whole time waving and blowing kisses and squealing love and good bye to their bestie.
Nothing like witnessing that farewell, followed with crestfallen, left-behind tears to make you feel like a champ.  :)





We went swimming.
Several times at Grandpa's hotel.
We have ZERO fear of the water.
It is terrifying for me and I am going to get gray hair.
I learned to bag the floaties and just strap them into life jackets...
They're happy.
I'm happy.
No one feels as if their mean mama is holding them back from perfecting the butterfly stroke.
Even Acers prefers to be left to his own in his float tube.
The big littles spend their time doing cannon balls again and again and again x infinity.
It's a great arm work out for yours truly... I feel like I catch and lift and repeat constantly.

We are headed to the rodeo.
The little Wranglers are out and await cute tiny heinies...
The boots?
They've been out all summer.
The boots and the crocs are our favorite shoes of summer (alternately).
Boots and shorts are hip now...
Didn't you get the memo?
No?  You're SOOO yesterday. :)

Lagoon awaits us this weekend.
I have mixed feelings about amusement parks...
On one hand, every kid needs to be sticky with snow cone and cotton candy...
And on the verge of ralphing it all up after too many motion packed rides.
It's kind of a right of passage, no?
It will be hot and sticky and grimy.
No doubt we'll have to pry little fingers off of bumper car steering wheels while octave levels rise.
But it IS a place full of smiles and laughter and that feeling when your stomach lurches up to your larynx.
AND, my entire family will be there so we'll just pass the kiddos around.
And sweat together.
"The family that sweats together...."






Holy crap...
Are you still reading?
You are the best.
OR - you're zombified by the long days and nights of summer as we are...
Happily, crazily zombified.



Kisses... Good night.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Ok, one of these days we're coming up to go to Lagoon with you and have your photog take some fabulous pics!

Mel said...

Embarrassingly enough, I do have a Utard for a brother. Go figure! ;)

Luana said...

It's a darn good thing I am not the mommy of younguns any more because I had to take a nap after just reading about all your adventures!