Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sweet Dreams...


I love me some summer.





I love the long sunny days and the amazing warm weather.

I love mini pools and popsicles and shaved ice stands.

I love corn on the cob and watermelon and lemonade.




I love the smell of sunscreen on warm skin and a freshly mowed lawn.

I love evening walks and the varying temperatures based on running sprinklers.

Oh man .... I love these months.




And if I were to really look for a downside.... it would be the inevitable delay of bedtime for my little bejammied babies.

WHY can't we make it to the sack before 8 pm?  Why does it become mission impossible those peak months of sunshine?  Looking for a thesis for your Philosophy class?  Take on my burning question... it's impossible to understand.





Good thing my little summer bums are so darn adorable.  
 Nighty Night....

4 comments:

The Belnaps said...

we can't seem to be in bed before 10 and i am about to lose it and so are my kiddos..they are wearing themselves out. We need a couple of days of some early sleep...darn summer and late sun setting..but it sure is fun!

The Belnaps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jasmin said...

Hi Amber
not sure if you got my message with my email. it's swtjasmin@hotmail.com. if you are interested in a sign at some point, just let me know.

Mel said...

Seriously! What is it when it comes to bed time? I want to poke my eyes out!
PS. When TJ's opens you let me know and I'll make a special trip up just to take you shopping! You'll love it! ;)