Friday, June 1, 2012

Girlie Talk...


Brace yourself, I am about to post a recipe to "this here blog". Think back for a millisecond, have you ever gotten a recipe from me? Almost certainly and most emphatically, no. I am not a chef. I am not a foodie. I do not meddle with existing recipes to add an exciting twist. I do basic... But I do it with gusto?

But here ye, THIS is a little concoction worth trying....

Yo, I made my own toner.
(From a recipe I found on Pinterest. Thanks Miss Marianne for pinning it!)

I'm pretty stoked about it too... My skin thinks it is deeeee-lish and so will yours! And I know what you're thinking... "Big deal, I buy mine on the cheap at Wally". I did too and I guffaw aloud when I see some recipes for home goods that you can make on your own. Seriously, the other day I saw a recipe for making one's own Modge Podge. Really? Let's face it, if an option is slightly more money but significantly less time... We cut that corner again and again at this stage of our life as we chase after our three little dust spittin' tornadoes of activity.

I digress, back to "La toner"... and on to this crazy lady who is having lustful thoughts about this lemon.











Hope you can handle these intricate details... 

1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Cup Water
2/3 Cup Witch Hazel

Mix ingredients in a bottle or jar and apply after cleansing with a cotton pad. The Witch Hazel reduces the size and appearance of pores and the Lemon Juice lightens and brightens. It doesn't smell like a cough drop or burn when it's applied. It feels and smells clean and fresh and, oh so natural.

There. We are officially besties sippin' ice cold Diet Cokes and swappin' recipes... for once in my lifetime.
Happy Weekend  (and Toning) Y'all!

3 comments:

The Venutis said...

I'm totally going to try it, and I admit I have washed my face with aspirin, and given myself pedicures with mouthwash and shaving cream via pinterest. : )

Kanabites said...

How cool am I? Totally made your blog... wait, do you have another friend named MaryAnn? Crap, totally didn't think of that... I will have to try it, sounds like it's a good toner!

jasmin said...

I'm going to try this too. Sounds like another great idea from pinterst(i'm just slightly addicted)
Love the video of your little guy. So cute and we have a little 2 year old that loves his showers too.lol