Monday, June 25, 2012

"Dyke Coke"


"Hold on there Tiger, What'd you just say?"  That was me in the car with Daximus the other day.  And of course when I say something, my little echo says it (only more adorably) so I then heard,
"Howd on der Tiger, What you sayd?"

Perhaps, I've mentioned my great love of Diet Coke with pebble ice from Sonic. Mmmmm I can taste it now. That first gulp, when you feel it's icy goodness headed down your gullet. Oh man. 

Focus... Focus...

So, off we go in the car and the guessing game begins... "Daxi goin' to the fish store?" "Daxi goin' to the park?"  "Daxi goin' to Costco?  And then the latest,  "Daxi goin' to get a Mommy's 'Dyke Coke'?"

Nice.



Listen, I know it's a horrible, awful, no good terribly bad slur... but coming from the sweetest kid in the Universe with THOSE lashes?  You know I busted up.  You KNOW you would too.  You know I won't think of my beverage of choice the same way ever again!  

Thanks, Dax Man...
-Mwah-

3 comments:

Mel said...

Oh my! What a cute parrot he is! And those lashes---WOW! Handsome lil dude!
I'll spare you my thoughts on your diet coke! ;)
And Ace no way! I can't believe he's already nine months! Time for another I guess! ;)

Chrystie said...

Cora calls it "Die Coke." And she tries to sneak little sips whenever she can.

Laurel said...

Gotta admit...had to look up the meaning. I guess I should be glad that I am still somewhat naive. ;)