Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shawty and the Shmop...


It's summer.
I love it.
BUT, it makes me feel like taking short cuts or "shawt cuts" in my housekeeping duties.
You know, still gettin 'er done, but in the least amount of time so I can head out and soak up the sun with the little monsters?

Cue Photos of the little dirt magnets....







SO, I'm going to tell ya'll, my besties fo sho...  (Just keepin' the rap speak continuous here)
What my latest and greatest shawty-cut is in my world of cleaning.

Meet my shmop.


I don't really know why it's called that except that it differentiates it just enough from my mop and it sounds funner.  Let's not zero in on my language skills... you knew exactly what I meant.

So, the shmop is my new BFF because every day I find some wall in my home that from three feet on down looks like it has survived World War III.  There are Dirt/Popsicle/Cheetos prints that make me CRA-Cra-Crazy.  I used to use Clorox wipes to rectify this situation.  But I found myself going through an insane number of wipe canisters and I was buying them like a fiend at Costco.

Now thanks to the shmop (which is made of "Sham Wow" material - no lie) I spray with my favorite household cleaner (which for me lately includes Vinegar because I've turned into a Quasi-hippie because said Monsters lick any and every surface) and I shmop the whole entire wall in mere moments and TADA... grubbiness be gone, no Tendinitis for me (threw that one in for you, Ash)!

So, now that we're sharing tricks like gals around a table at Chili's enjoying Queso and Diet Cokes (sounds DELISH)... spill it.  I NEED your summer "Shawty Cuts" asap.  Pretty Please?  Come on, let's dish, then we can "Pawty like its our Birthday and we can drink Bacardi like its our Birthday."  Stop singing there.  You know the next line to that song is capital T, TeRribLe!

P.S. "Shawty" means a hot girl in a rap song.  I just googled it to be sure I wasn't using something totally nasty...

AND I'm gonna tell RyGar to call me "Shawty" today since I'm sporting my red denim.  Seems fitting, right?



Yo.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Only short cut I have for you is that you clean it good once at the beginning of summer and then lounge by the pool or at the movies for the rest... Guaranteed it won't get dirty! (Cue wishful thinking!)
I'm so getting myself a Shmop! Where the heck do you find them?

The Belnaps said...

forget our million dollar ideas..seeing as how you are a pro rapper..i will just insert myself as yo manager...Wham! Bam! and then we hire maids and cooks all around..sounds like the king of all shawtiness!

The Belnaps said...

ps...nice going with the red digs...you are all over the styles..i just saw myself in a swimsuit and i really want to cry my eyeballs out and starve myself..only we know that won't really happen...dang fat..and insert more cuss words!

Loveyoutons.mom said...

Holy Cow...when did "rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub" happen! I can't believe time moves so fast. Well, the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker still get all my love!
Gma

PNRBAC said...

Love it! Where did you get that slick shmop? I need to get me one of those bad boys! As for my two cents...I don't know why dirty kid laundry always ends up all over my house, but at the end of the day I always find myself going from room to room picking up stray clothes. So before I throw those dirty duds in the suds I will quickly dust the book shelves and piano and picture frames etc. with them. They're already heading to the wash...why not?! Two birds with one stone...or dirty shirt...pick your poison. Love your blog.