Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Big Mouth...


I am pretty sure that one of Ryan's favorite things about me is my big mouth.
If you thought that was racy in any way - you better get your mind outta the gutter...


Not literally... I don't think I can fit my fist in my mouth... please hold, while I try.
Nope. No luck. So my big mouth is just figurative.
(And my lipstick is incredible here - along with my invisible pores.... LOL)

Anyway, for as long as I've known my RyGar he says to me daily, "Tell me a story". And nine times outta ten I can totally perform for the guy on the spot. Fact or Fiction. First-Person or Third. I am a story teller. Even when Ry is traveling I write little key words down so I remember to tell him all about X.

Well, some other little people, are following in my footsteps.

 It is kind of adorable to ask Kaelster what he dreamed about and get a firm response in return, like "Granpa's red house and catch a fish with Daddy."

It's equally fun to have Dax Man's little hand cup my cheek while he confirms twelve times upon waking that yes, indeed, we are going to "Mow ma Mawn TaDay" or "Mow the Lawn, Today" and he happily breathes out his affirmation of choice, "Oooo Kay".

Ace a' Spades is officially speaking gibberish or Russian and he cracks himself up at his hilarious little inside jokes which he expectorates at ear-splitting volumes.

And I'm gonna roll with it.

Because all that "constant narration" stuff they tell you when you have babies has sure paid off for us (or begun to bite us in the butt... depends on the scenario... and me and my big mouth will get to that shortly).  We cannot drive/walk/or gleefully skip (that's Ryan's favorite travel mode... ha ha) anywhere without getting commentary on green trees, yewow tractors, big trucks, wittow doggies, nice grandmas, big rocks, and on and on and on...

Anyway...
The flip side is that we're starting to hear the ghosts of our phrases past.  Like, the other day the littles got put in time out against the wall for something or other and Big K said to me, "Mama not be wude!"  And so of course Daximus then echoed, "Mama, that's so wude!"  We've also heard, "You so cwazy" and  "Whoa-dee Bee, Guys" which was the imitation of some elderly person trapped in a thirty-year-old woman's body who exclaimed in exasperation, "Lordy Bee, You Guys"...
Did I ever mention I'm from the country?
Embarrassing.

So that be all.
I gotta watch my big mouth.
Wish me luck... for that is no tiny task ya'll...
Fist Bumps... Out.

4 comments:

Mel said...

hahahaha! I get in trouble for my mouth all the time!
When I tell Ry I'm not going to talk to him anymore he says, "but then my day will be boring...who will tell me stories!" LOL
Love it! Miss your big mouth!

Adam and Melisa said...

LOVE that lipstick!!! And your boys are BEAUTIFUL!!...you can say that about boys?...right?
Anywho...I need your numba!...You may or may not know that Adam is a financial services rep...and he's always looking for referrals. I was wondering if you and Ry would possibly let hiim come sit and chat with you for a few and tell you all about what he does, and see if you know anyone, or might be interested yourselves, in what he has to offer! He does life insurance, auto/home insurance, IRA's, etc., etc., etc.!! Just let me know..Thanks!!!

Chrystie said...

It makes me cringe when the kids say stuff that I know they heard from me...Love that "Lordy Be!" You are too funny. My kids say stuff like, "What the heck?" (And it really is heck, not the real thing :-)

The Belnaps said...

just keep waiting for the curse words...haha. and please tell me your secret for such posh lips and skin:)