Monday, May 7, 2012

Revved Up...


On Saturday we celebrated the second Anniversary of the birth of our Dax Man... 


And we did it Car style.  
I mean really, how else would we do such a thing for our little motor head?

  

And little man loved it.  
By Sunday evening after a week of festivities, he was singing Happy Birthday and reciting who was in attendance at his big bash and showing us all his new cars and motorcycles and cars and cars and cars.



Whew.


Kael drank birthday juice and ate cake to ring in Daxi's new year.  Like, roughly fifteen servings of juice and cake over the course of two days.  Atta Boy, Big Man.  And then like any dutiful big brother, he "tested" the toys.  To ensure safety we're sure.  :)



Ace got his first tatoo and sprouted his first tooth in honor of his big brother.  It's finally up for good we think and his tongue rubs over the jaggedy surface all day long.  Which makes his cheeks all the more chipmunk-y.


Everyone sported their Tow Mater teeth like good sports.



Oh Whoops - those are just Grandpa's normal chicklet teeth.  How did we get that confused? :)


Grandpa Great was especially infatuated with his tasty adult binkie.  


Isn't it hysterical how as a general rule, the cheap after thought party favor from the dollar store becomes the hit at every party?


Daddy-o assembled Dax's first Harley, or HAWG as I'm told the cool kids say.  And he manned the grill like a pro even seamlessly pulling out his emergency back up Propane tank without skipping a beat.



And I decorated like a fiend the night before to create a little moment for my Dax Man to store away in his memory bank.  Then I watched and smiled and savored it all with our families as it all unfolded better than I even expected.

Grandma Gail tending to the babies - who will be two next week the way time is whizzing by.
PS have you ever seen someone so easily manage two babes?
Gail is the baby whisperer.

And you know that I couldn't possibly write about a two-year old birthday without commenting on how downright crazy ridiculous it is that our Daximus is two... ALREADY.  I remember the day I first met him.  He was so tiny and perfect and new.  And now he's less tiny and still absolutely perfect and he is learning new things at light speed.  It baffles me.  Time is my enemy.


And Little D... you are like a classic sports car.  You're fast and sleek and oh so good lookin'.  And I could expound on this analogy but it might get weird, so I'll stop.

Look at my little safety kid - not too sure that sparklers indoors is a good idea.
And yes, I just sang the chorus of "Safety Kids" a la my first grade school program out loud.

We love you "All the Way" and we can't wait to see where you zoom off to in this life.  Because, boy, with you, it's gonna be one heckuva fun ride.


 Smooches you little two-year-old, you!
And go easy on us this year, eh?!

3 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Those teeth pictures are hilarious ha ha! It was fun and your decor was so cute, I can't believe little Dax man is 2!! He's a cutie pie.

The Belnaps said...

Holy cow you need to post those pics to pinterest lady! You out did yourself fo sho! And seriously the time does fly..wait til they are rock climbing and repelling with no experience thinking they are the shiz! man I think the crazy is yet to come..happy b-day dax..your mama is a-ma-zing (pronouce it like penny on happy endings for a better effect...emphasis on "ma")

Mel said...

I am lovin' the teeth!! So cute!
I too totally sang Safety kid when I read that. hahahaha!
Your baby whisperer is fantastic! Send her my way ;)
Happy Birthday Dax!!