Thursday, April 12, 2012

On Certain Days...


Some days I brag shamelessly about my chilluns' on this blog.  And other days, I feel the need to hide behind the nearest large object hoping that no one will know I am the woman that mothers these little terrors of the streets.  Do you know what I mean?  My sons... the little cuties, the little shits, the rascals, the sweeties, the tasmanian devils the little loves of my life.  They test me these little guys.  And most days I find I am up for the challenge.  But occassionally.... wow.



And of course at this point, I'm mostly talking about the twiblings... Because did you know we're about to embark on three months of our lives where we will be blessed with TWO two-year-olds at once?    Aren't we lucky?  :)

And Acer's is an angel.  No really, I couldn't do our life right now without this perfect little happy baby who entertains himself with his toes if he can't locate a toy that he can roll himself over to.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?  He is a gem.  Ry and I joke every night as we're winding down, "Guess who won the 'good boy' prize today?"  And every day, it's Ace.  Someday he'll be two and there might actually be a contest... We'll see.  But for now... Muah, Muah, Muah Ace a'Spades.  


Anywho... My boys are non-stop busy... busy, busy little legs they have.  Ask anyone that is an acquaintance and especially anyone that sits near us at church.  I come prepared with all kinds of magical distractions and they work.  For nearly .7 seconds.  And then, like a cartoon, stuff is flying from my bag o' tricks as they hover over it quickly perusing the contents and discarding and then wondering what they should do next.  They wrangle, wrestle, eat, play, run, destroy, sleep (out of sheer exhaustion), guzzle, splash, giggle, guffaw, YELL, spin and do it all again, and again, and again.  I pray every day that they are blessed with little balls of energy of their own so that they will come back to me, one day in the distant future, with bags under their eyes and their running shoes on wondering how on earth I did it.  And I will say, "Mmmmm, Karma's a bitch."  Just kidding.  Sort of.  ;)

So, as I was saying, these little boys of mine have a lot of energy.  It's not always a bad thing.  I am amazed at their courageous little selves.  They are fearless, friendly, confident, head-strong, stubborn, smart as whips, cuter than should be allowed, and they live life full throttle all the time.  I love them so much and I admire their enthusiasm and the way they literally let their feelings out.... LOUDly.  Which really must be so good for the soul, right?


And shmooshed in amongst our high energy bouts they are sweet and they share cuddles & kisses.  And if you ever want to see loyalty in action - know that theirs is unmatched.  They are certain that daddy can fix anything and that my kisses will cure the world's ailments.  They ALWAYS ask for treats for one another and they scurry to deliver toys to baby when they hear him fuss or cry. It is adorable.


And all of that for this....
(Cue a Therapy Moment)
I just need to list a few of my favorite things about the little charmers at the moment because today was a day where I did not focus on my favorite things.  And I'm hoping that by doing so tonight, the positive thoughts will flow into the coming days.  Which are forecasted to be cold and rain filled and we'll be spending A LOT of time indoors.  (HOORAY)

Favorite Things... Take ONE...

- The way Dax still likes to sneak a therapeutic suck of a binkie now and then.  He's like an old addict.  He just needs a little taste and then he giggles and smiles and most of the time gives it back to the baby.

- The way Kael needs a "Bwoo Bwank" every time we consider sleeping.  Not a specific one - just ANY soft, snuggly blue blanket.  I say "consider" because Mister Big Shot thinks he no longer needs naps.  YAY for us.

Take TWO...

- How Dax shouts of his independence by proclaiming, "I can do it, by yo-sef (yourself)." He learned that from Barney, whom he adores, (again, YAY for us), and he has a knack for using Barney song phrases at the correct moments of life right in context like he's one of those child extras on Barney or something who has memorized the script.  It's kills me.  

- How Kael is constantly disciplining Coop.  I heard Dax scream in the backyard yesterday so I looked out the window and I got an exact rundown of what happened thanks to Kael's parenting of the dog, "NO, NO, NO, Coopa!  Sit at Waw (wall).  Coopa no eat Daxi's cookie.  Bad, Bad.  Kennew (kennel) Coop.  Nicely Done little man.

Oh I could go on and on with little silly antics and moments where I see that their depth and breadth exceeds what I give them credit for... but we'll save some additional takes for future scenes here on the family journal.


And so, to my big littles and to my baby love... Always be good boys.  Share your love and your talent and your amazing spirits with all that you encounter.  Be grateful for what we have because we are so blessed and so incredibly lucky.  Learn new things all the time.  Drink up every new fact and skill you can because you are capable of mastering oh so much.  Smile when it is raining and laugh instead of waiting for the skies to fall.  You are amazing.  And I love you always and forever...

Even on those certain days....

7 comments:

The Venutis said...

We definitely all have those days...and I feel for you because both my boys stopped naps by age 2! Ridiculous!

The Belnaps said...

always a circus...and i could sit and listen to kids around age 2 talk forever..i love it..the other day, Maggie got mad at me and yelled, "Mommy Jane Belnap" at me..her name is Maggie Jane..I laughed so hard

Amy B. said...

The trick to the whole church debacle is...don't take anything for them...no snacks, no books, no nothing....except for the littlest...he might need a change or a bink...its totally worked for me and its wonderful...n just my two cents...take it or leave it....good luck

Mel said...

As I was looking at this T started laughing and said, "who's naked buns are those?" and I said, Dax and Kael and he said as he giggles "Tax and Kael are silly with their cute buns!" haha

Kurt and Tara Heath said...

Totally love it! Glad you posted how we all feel most of the time! Kids are great! Yours are stinkin adorable! Love the pics

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño El Niño Y Tu

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin