Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Big Fish...


Yesterday I wanted to kiss my husband all over.  And I did and I'm gonna for days to come.  But that is way too much information for this type of family blog.  Thus, I shall tell you the reasoning for my outpouring of physical affection toward Big Fish...  Brace yourselves... you're gonna want to snatch him up as your own... but he's taken... HAPPILY taken, by me.  Here goes... prepare to drool.


On Monday evening RyGar came home from work and asked me how my day was.  I recounted my "to-done" list in loads of laundry and mowed lawns and blah diggity blah.  And he wrapped his arms around me and said, "How 'bout a massage tomorrow?"  

"Um, Yes Please." I said sarcastically at him.  

"And how about a facial and one of those foot things too."  He smiled.  (He is a man's man and he doesn't know big girly words like 'pedicure').

"Are you for real?"  I asked.  "Because let's not toy with my emotions after the past week of traveling circus."  I warned.

And then my heart melted when he uttered the most "Mister Wonderful-esque" lines of love... "You need one, babe.  You deserve one.  I've made all the arrangements and you have a spa day scheduled tomorrow morning and the kids are taken care of."

Will someone please pick up my jaw?  It seems to have fallen like a ton of bricks to the ground below me with an exceptional force of gravity.  Pinch me.  RIGHT NOW.  Pinch me.  Or slap me.  Seriously, just pull me out of this delirious state of happiness before I realize it's all a cruel joke.

But it was confirmed as the truth a half dozen times and like a skitzo skeptic I asked if he was feeling guilty about anything (LOL) before I drifted off to sleep and had sweet dreams of peppermint oil and steaming towels.  

And then I drove my happy heiny to the spa.  Oh, the spa.  Where I was pampered and made so relaxed that I sounded like a drunk leaving a bar upon my complete rub down.  I literally could barely move my jaws to speak I was so relaxed and I fell asleep at least twice that I know of.  I was wasted on happiness.  And every part of me felt swaddled and smooth.  And... mmmm... who wants to go tomorrow?  :)

So there you have it.  My husband, the trashy romance novel hero.  The man who pulled one out of left field and gave me a spa day for no reason in particular.  The man who should give a seminar to other men about the way a woman reacts when you go out of your way to do something LOVEly for her on a random day.  Holy McDreamy, I am stickin' with you.  Of all the fish in the sea.... I'll take you, Big Fish.

Muah!  

8 comments:

Luana said...

LOVE!!!!

The Sutherland Family said...

You so needed this- I'm glad you got a little break!

Mel said...

Ok, I'm gonna print this one out and give it to my Ry...I love him, but he's absolutely clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff! He thinks he's treating me to a day off when he asks me to go on a drive to check out a job! LOL
Keep him on a tight line...when polygamy comes back he might have a line! hahahahahaha!

Mel said...

I'm retarded...that was supposed to say leash...tight leash!

The Belnaps said...

Nate's number is 201-3345...seriously
tell Ry I am totally jeal and next time he should make arrangements for the both of us..lucky girl you are! Nate wrote me a little love sentence for Valentines and it is still on the fridge..not lying...because that is how often I get specials inmy life:)

Lisa said...

okay i've played catch up again on your marathon of a blog and i feel completely inadequate. i try to keep up, i really do, maybe if i had a surprise spa day i could stay on top of things better! :) but every last one of the posts you've done are adorable. that ace o spades is gonna be a little ladies man just like the two big littles. i need my gardner fix again....stat!

Laurel said...

I'm thinking Ryan could give lessons to few other men...Yes?

Liz said...

hmm think he could probably give lots of advice to all people! I am in desperate need of a spa day after 3 weeks trapped inside a small 10x10 room!