Wednesday, February 29, 2012

For the Record...



For the Record - Potty Training doesn't really land on my top ten things to do in a week. The big littles are actually doing pretty well, but perhaps you haven't cleaned up a puddle of pee recently? It sucks. Period. This little right of passage does not come without a little pain. I am SO freakin' grateful for all y'all's words of wisdom though... Thank YOU!


And... they sure are cute in their undies...
I am talkin' SWEET cheeks running around this place.


FYI - Getting the mail has become our favorite post nap activity. We bundle up and Big K hauls Dax Man's little heiny around in the wagon and it is Daxi's job to cling to the mail key as if our lives depend upon it (Kaelster asks him about the key no short of seven times per trip); and I push Ace a' Spades in the "baby bike", aka the stroller, and we make the trek. I think they feel that this daily feat is comparable to crossing the plains, scaling a mountain, medaling in the Olympics... something along those lines. It brings them such a grand feeling of accomplishment and they take the preparatory steps so seriously. It cracks me up.


As a Side Note - I adore and love my husband. Especially when he says things like, "You're a brave woman, Amb." Really, you couldn't say anything sweeter to me when I am up to my elbows in pee and undies. That is the equivalent of saying, "You're super woman, and I get that what you do is hard." Bless you, Bless you and smack you on the rear with a love tap. And thanks for my evening outings to fancy shmancy places like Walmart just so I leave the walls of our home and avoid a serious case of lunatic-itis during this stay at home, learn how to use the pot stage of life.


By the Way - I think I got the short end of the stick as a young'en. I did not get to go to the Pediatric Dentist since there wasn't such a thing in my tiny town. But these guys? They have it made. They have no idea how cool it is to play video games in the waiting room and they certainly don't think it's a big deal to watch a movie in the ceiling while someone gently flouridates your pearly whites. On the flip side, they have zero fear of the dentist. They also have zero cavities. Thus, they have a very happy mama and daddy-o.




Seriously - I can't get over how big Ace is getting. Here is his five-month photo. I am dying at the way he can almost sit up like a big boy and the way he grins and munches on his toes. He is such a happy little content dude. If we're running like crazy around him, he is giggling and smiling at the chaos. He just likes the wild company he keeps, and we adore him right back.



Speaking of Cuteness - I love the fact that brothers are so sweet to one another. Does anyone else with boys get that? I swear, boys take care of one another. Not in a motherly or nurturing kind of way, but in a "you're on my team kind of way so I've got your back". They are just cute. Do they beat on one another? Yes, of course, but then they exchange trucks and are friends again. I don't know how else to explain it and that is a meager job at doing so, but if you have boys, you know what I'm saying. It's kind of magical.


Finally, I'm gonna end by just proclaiming a little known fact... I am Crafty McCrafterson. You heard me. I have been creating. It's probably just a home-bound induced phase, but regardless, I am doing "stuff" during those quiet and luxurious nap times. You must know that something strange is happening here because, I would not normally take the time to do something as tedious as marking 1/4 inch tick marks on this painstakingly accurate growth chart (which is a pottery barn knock for which I found the blueprints on Pinterest). These types of details make me crazy... I'm a big picture girl; but this.... oh I got this. How adorb to mark my little men's heights on, right?

P.S. RyGar hates when I abbreviate words that are not normally abbreviated like... adorb, amaze and tots (pronounced "totes" and standing for totally) are a few of his least favs I think. Oh, and probably fav and/or favs. Holy Mid-Week Tangent. Sorry. :)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay, confession: when I first moved to Rtown ;) I couldn't understand half of what you people said because you only said half of your words! I was totally lost on what all your half words meant. :) Took awhile to get what was going on whenever a native started describing something, especially if it was Carma :) lol, she's the worst of them, totally unintelligible... :)

Lisa said...

your posts pretty much make me ecstatic to have 2 little boys playing/fighting together soon.

The Belnaps said...

Um I totally think you are brave for undertaking the dreaded potty deal..I am so not there yet..and I totally love abbrevs...the other day nate told me I was talking like i do when i talk to you because of all the abbreves..whatev..they are the bomb!

Mel said...

I might just have to move in with the Utards just for the abbreves!
We could tote drive Ry Crazy! haha!
So exciting on the potty training! Nothing cuter than lil bottoms in undies!
I am right with you on the brotherly love. It is the sweetest thing ever!

Chrystie said...

Amb, you are totes brave for doing both of the big little boys' pots at the same time! Potty training is soooo NOT my fave. It is going to be hard, but keep telling yourself that someday it will all be worth it! We tried to do Dax and Corbie at the same time, but we wimped out and ended up doing them one at a time. Btw, can you make me one of those rulers? It is totes adorb! :-)