Friday, February 17, 2012

Carpe Diem Daddy-o...


This weekend I am leaving my big littles in the hands of this handsome man...


And they won't skip a beat. They are in love with their dad.
They are connected to him in ways that leave me dumbfounded.


Because, yes, I can snuggle and play and read and feed and dance and sing and wipe tears and kiss to make things better... but I am not a Daddy. Just a Mama who is thrilled that they have theirs, who is the best out there.


And I'm taking this little love with me. (What? You didn't think I'd get off totally scott free did you?) The truth is, I wouldn't know what to do with myself all alone. They are kind of who I am at this stage of life. And I'm good with that. And having one baby love, who is my most content of all babies, will be like "having a goldfish" to quote my friend. :)

So, a brief pause to soak in their perfect little features and to send a loving, thankful glance to my hubs, who knows, like the genius that he is, that sometimes it is best for mama to recharge her batteries with her best girls... and I'm off.
To Carpe the hell outta this Diem!
Muah. :)

3 comments:

Mel said...

So jealous! Have a great time wherever you are off to!

The Belnaps said...

totally jeal..except I am gonna join you but we are headed down sun and mon. with just little chloe..yea!

PNRBAC said...

I just love you! Carpe hard girl friend!