Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bragsville, USA...

Welcome to Bragsville... population, moi.


I know, I know, there is no faster way to land yourself on someone's lame list, but I have accomplished a few things out of the ordinary this week, and sista's gotta brag. Let's face it... if you're a woman, you multitask the dickens out of every dang day, and probably achieve to-do lists that are miles long by the end of a week... so I've decided to lead the way on this one... let's have a good brag-fest, shall we? What else is January really good for?


1. First and most importantly, Big K has mastered his ABCs and Little D can count to Five. We also know all our primary colors including the lackluster ones like brown and black... And we aren't even two and three yet. Child Prodigies? I think so. So there.


2. Secondly, I freakin' organized my cleaning supplies. Let's get real... they were in a mass huddle underneath the kitchen sink along with my dual trash cans and it was getting a little cramped down there. Presenting, a Genius idea I stole from some other Genius on Pinterest.... The over the door shoe organizer now posing as a cleaning supply carrier inside the corner linen closet. Sha ZAM... I feel giddy just typing about it.



3. I made - yep - MADE - Halibut Fish n' Chips with a Beer Batter and Home Cut French Fries. Do you want to make out with me yet? I know, feelin' amazing myself over that one. Except that we had a little fish smell wafting through the house which made me Febreeze myself into oblivion. An obvious byproduct of my awesome meal.

4. I did SEVEN, yep, SEVEN loads of laundry in one day. I have ONE washer and dryer. This is an accomplishment that requires constant vigilance. This also means that I have vowed to myself that in my dream house, I will have no less than two washers and dryers and I will have a laundry ROOM, not a laundry closet. Rant completed. Thank you.


5. We fed the ducks yesterday and no one fell into the icy waters. I had Ace a' Spades strapped to my front (yes, my name is Amber and I have a baby carrier that makes me look and feel like a hippie) and a little teeny hand in each of mine and old bread crammed down the back of my jacket and my phone (to take pictures of this event) in my jeans pocket. It's official, I should have been born with at least one extra limb.


And that, my friends, is my brag, brag, braggety post. I have tooted my own horn. I have awarded myself a blue ribbon and I am currently pinning a medal to my chest.
And all the while, I wipe booty like a champ, clean the messes of crayons and lunch like a Daisy Maid and still laugh out loud at The Bachelor with my hubs like a doting wife-ee. Wha - What?!
Brag on ya'll... Brag on.

5 comments:

PNRBAC said...

ATTA BABE!
YOU.are my hero.
That is all.

The Sutherland Family said...

Good job with the fish and chips!! we make that meal pretty much every week at our house cause Josh is in love with it! I also love the black coats, so cute and motorcylish =)

The Belnaps said...

Um I think we should all brag at least once a week.. and nice work on the dinner..never made that cuz I hate fish..don't tell nate you made it..he loves it..and I am all smiles about the cleaning supply organizer..totally love that you love organizing as much as me..we are complete dorks..you know that right..but dang awesome ones!

Jen McGill said...

LOVE the cleaning organizer! I bought one for Eva the Diva's shoes and nearly cried I was so happy for the organization and happiness that it brought to my life. You are the bomb; was there any doubt? :)

Laurel said...

I laughed OUT LOUD for this one. You rock. Then I read it to Conan and he laughed pretty dang hard too. :)

P.S.
Just built our "Dream House" and we have a washer/dryer upstairs--in it's own ROOM and one downstairs in a bathroom. LOVE IT! You neeeed and deserve one.