Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rollin...


Our littlest man can totally steam roll.


He flipped his little self over for the first time on January 27th to show off for his Daddy and I; who happened to be standing on either side of the big bed as he was lying in between us. It was as if he was just waiting for a moment when he had our undivided attention and then, Wham.... he did it. And he grinned like the cat that got the canary. I melted and maybe almost cried.

But now he rolls and rolls and twists and turns and basically squirms his way around the living room floor like a little break dancer. I wish I could have a lazy little babe for once in my life... all of mine seem to want to get up and go from day one. Busy boys!


On the bright side, he is one happy little go-er. Today we tied a balloon to his little chubby fist and he was as happy as a clam for a good hour just watching and waving and bonking that shiny blue star as if his little life depended on it. That's what we do on gray days in February.... we go buy balloons at the dollar store for no reason at all except to brighten a wintery day.
Lawd knows it is gray around here. Blah.




Speaking of the color spectrum, we tried green smoothies for breakfast here today. I swear to you, I was completely skeptical dumping Greek yogurt and spinach leaves into my blender. No lie.... all four people in this little family that could guzzle our morning sludge did just that. We are guzzlers of the healthy green goop. Here ye, Here ye, the men in my life are gonna turn into little Pop Eye's.


Lastly, we're gearing up for a winter swim. My parents are up for business mixed with a little pleasure so we'll be terrorizing the waters of the hotel pool. If you see little wet footprints from the lobby carpet to the elevator just smile at them. Because they will be ours and they serve as a roadmap of "how to" run from the pool, to the ice machine, to the vending machines and back to the water. It's gonna be a pretty big weekend 'round here, who knows, maybe we'll even make it to Home Depot. :)

3 comments:

Mel said...

1. It was 80 degrees here today. Would love to have a gray day!
2. You'll have to throw a girl in your mix to have a "lazy" baby, but man that little steam roller of yours sure is cute!
3. Have a FANTASTIC winter swim! Sounds like lots of fun!

Brandi said...

I haven't made a good green smoothie yet! Maybe I should come hang with you guys and figure it out! I need to go buy a balloon too to keep me happy! Great Idea SUper Mom !

Chrystie said...

Wow, we are living in parallel universes with our Green Smoothies this morning! They are a hit at our house.