Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Review...


Saturday morning RyGar and I had four glorious hours all to ourselves. I bet you're wondering what we did, right? What was the reason for this mini-vaca and did we, um, use the time "wisely"? Oh yeah, we did. We got down and dirty, ya'll.
We cleaned out our files.

Yep, the statuesque black filing cabinet that holds our life in paper... has been purged. No longer will you find the paperwork of our first home purchase and subsequent sale which took place TEN years ago. So you see - the need was dire.

Before you make some insulting comment about how cool we are, just know that we made up for it with our Superbowl Party. And yes, we are aware that Superbowl Sunday is the biggest day in American Football, but we served up a south of the border feast that left our taste buds doing a sassy shin-dig in the end zone.

Check out a few of the highlights....

Got this recipe and a recipe for cream cheese chicken chili from Pinterest and both were De-LISH!


It all looked so Cinco de Mayo I felt compelled to display a flag. ;)

Mostly, check out our little lefty throwing the football like a Manning brother. The plan is to have Daximus star as the QB and have Big Kaelster block for him like the big bruiser that he is. Holy Crap Super Bowl 68 is gonna be epic.


Or just take a bite out of these tiny little drumsticks if you please. Ace has yet to demonstrate his true football skills so we'll keep ya'll apprised as they manifest themselves.



Bottom line. We had a pretty, great weekend. Different than what great used to be, but perfect for the state of life we're in. With the exception of my verbal altercation with some random dude in the grocery store parking lot who yelled at me for leaving a cart in the curbed planters that adorn parking lots. Whatev... mind your own business or put me on citizen's arrest if you please because that is really the kind thing to do instead of letting it roll into someone's new car. Blah. Some people, you know?




OK - OK I'm over it. I'm smiling. I'm gonna have a Diet Coke and get 'er done in a big way, because that's what I do. Boo-yah.

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

I hate when people look at me weird when I do that...I have FIVE kids in the car and I am NOT about to leave them there while I go and put my stupid cart away...JERK! That's whey they have teenagers working for them to retrieve the carts!

Mel said...

I think those people are miserable in their own lives that they try to make everyone around them miserable. Whatev is right!
Your super bowl food looks delish! And I'll take two drumsticks please!