Thursday, December 1, 2011

Taking Turns...


I have a dirty little secret to admit. For most of the big little boys' lives, they haven't had to take turns or share too terribly often. Why? Because it is adorable to buy a duo of push toys, a pair of cowboy hats, a couple of popping vacuums... you get it.



Well, I was perusing DI for a couple of items I needed to make my snarky little Thanksgiving joke that never came to fruition and Kaelster found a gem. A mini four-wheeler complete with sound-making buttons including a KEY and a horn.
For five bucks we were the proud new owners and Big K gleefully pushed his little self out of the store atop his green Kawasaki.


Upon arriving home Dax Man laid eyes on our new "Track-TOR" and it was love at first sight. He ran to the little machine and tried to push his big brother off of it's seat to become acquainted with our new toy. And when all his efforts yielded no results... Mommy came to the rescue to suggest that we "take turns".

We're still working on this new found art form.
And here is the nemesis of my little big boys... the "Take Turn Timer".
It is permanently set at two minutes and when they hear the beeps... whomever sits atop the throne must step down and let his brother ride. Sounds simple enough, but oh, the drama.
Let me tell you, there were tears every single time we pulled out the take turn timer, and then, miracle of all miracles, we finally got the hang of it.

Now, whenever someone wants to get grubby little paws on something that the other one is using, I get handed our little silver timer by aforementioned grubby paws.
Can you hear that? It's a chant from the parenting Gods just for me...
"Victory, Victory!"


Heck Yeah this is a Vintage Barbie Car... Grandma has all the cool retro toys :)
And luckily for Daximus, his hieny is the only one that fits in it.
No sharing required.

And in other news... I attempted to get a family picture for the annual Christmas card.
Nothing fancy - just quick and dirty.
It was difficult to get the boys all in one place... especially since a couple of adoring aunties kept snatching this handsome fella...


Here's just one of the sixty-two out takes. Obviously that went for us...


I'll be gettin' creative with a plan B shortly. :)

3 comments:

Chrystie said...

Awwww, cute boys! And as for the Christmas card outtakes, sometimes the outtakes that show "reality" are funner to see than the ones where everyone is smiling.

Andrea said...

Oh, what a wonderful surprise arrived in my mailbox last week, you wonderful elf, you!!! Thank you, thank you!

Kanabites said...

I don't want to miss out on my Christmas card from ya this year. We were lucky enough to get your card the last few years with the wrong address, but I don't know if the Post office here in Kanab will do it again for me. Here is our right one: 373 S 100 W Kanab 84741,

Thanks! Your family is so cute! And maybe I will be a good person this year and send out a fun card, don't hold your breath though. :)