Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fa La La La La...


I did it.

I decked the halls, baby, with the help of a couple of mugs o' cocoa and some late night action... I completed the Christmas scene at the Gardner residence.


I told myself that I would only put up one tree and minimal decor due to our current status of two destruction lovin' toddlers, who are fast, incredibly mobile and have great throwing arms and one babe who doesn't necessarily need strings of lights and glittery this and thats.

But I caved.


I decked the halls. Maybe not full on and definitely not all in a day... but the work is done and the big littles are feelin' the magic and so am I. I love to watch them smile and point to the "Yights" and the "Balls" EVERY time they walk by one of the trees. I like to hear them yell out random colors as they identify greens and reds and "lellows". And mostly, I like the way my little family looks in their jammies, snuggled with daddy on the couch as they drink their nightly milk under the glow of the season.


This one loves it. He smiles and coos as he lays in his bouncer seat and soaks in Christmas at home. And I love having a baby during the holidays. It reminds me of why we celebrate and it completes my little story book celebration.


And so, even as I book Gingerbread play dates and evening baby sitters to attend parties and plays... I think this is my favorite... My own family, our own home frosted with decorations, sparkly little things that catch the eyes of our curious little lovelies who know that this time of year is special.... may the traditions begin.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Where's the pics???
Do you have some "schweaty balls" on your tree! baahahahahahahahaha ;)

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

You halls are exquisitely decked dear! Beautiful!