Sunday, October 30, 2016

Home...

I love family pictures. 
And not because I love getting dolled up or shopping for some new digs for the littles...
Though I'm sure Ryan would tell you that was the reason.  ;)
I love family photos because they tell the story of where we are at right now.  And right now, we're surrounded by, engrossed in, and fully submerged in the land of little boys... it's the greatest thing we have ever had...
Our family.
It's been two years since we had an organized family photo and I hate that we missed last year.  It just didn't happen with a preggo me and a traveling Ryno.  But as a photograph lover, I believe in documenting and capturing love in all our phases of life.  I love even more hanging those portraits on the walls in our home to beg me daily to remember, "This is it - right here."
Some of the photos this year turned out breathtaking.  Thanks to them, our life seems filled with dreamy light-filled moments.  But the truth with our family (and probably yours too) is those moments are earned through all the unseen moments of really hard work.  
There are stories we don't share, of humor, heartache, beauty, joy, mess ups and make-it-works, and trying, and love and LOTS of hard work.  That the real beauty of family.  That's all there in those 16x20 prints to me... and I love those sentiments and stories as much, if not more, than the fleeting moment captured in time, framed on the wall.
I love you, gents.  Thanks for being my happy place, my wild & my home.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

These are so beautiful! Somehow we missed family photos this fall, and now it feels too late for the outside kind I like best. What a slacker mom I am. You inspire me to get something figured out.