Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Fall Soccer...

Fall soccer ended this past weekend.  We had the most beautiful game days 90% of the time, for which I'm grateful, because that one night when the rain was blowing horizontally and ripping my umbrella to shreds as I held a snowsuit clad, Boone?  Yeah, that was not my favorite.

Anyway, the boys had such cute teams this season and all of them had great coaches.  I might be biased since RyGar was Dax's team coach, but what's a doting wifey for?

I present to you, Ace and the "GOLD MEDALS".  So named by Ace, who was completely enraptured with all things Olympics at the beginning of the season soooo long ago.  Ace kind of gets into soccer.  He scored several goals this year but he REALLY dominated at defense.  When he wasn't in it physically pained him to watch the other team score and he would turn to us and say things like,
"They NEED me out there!   Oh man, they need me!"  #humble
This was Ace at the last game telling his little huddle of teammates that today was the "World 'Serious'" of soccer and they REALLY needed to win like the Cubs.  :)
Next up, Dax and the "HOT LAVA MONSTERS/RED HOT LAVA" there is still an ongoing debate about their team's full name.  Ryno did so good with all the little neighbor kiddos and, no joke, they started to "get it" these last few games.  They even spread out and passed to one another.  Know what that's called at this age of the game?  NOVEL.  Dax scored several goals and worked until his little face matched his jersey.
Last, but not least, Kael's team was the "GREEN RAPTORS".  This year they played with refs and goalies which made things more official.  Soccer isn't Kael's favorite but he did score a goal and he played goalie a couple of times.  Kael's team dominated like they did last year.  He has a great coach who reminded everyone of their positions incessantly with the patience of Job.  Kael got to play with his good friend Ashton and his cousin Zane.

Whatever will I do with my Saturday mornings and afternoons all winter long?  Seriously, who wants to do something amazing?  My schedule just got a LOT easier -- until spring.  :)

No comments: