Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Corny...

I checked Kaelster out of school an hour or so early the other day
to fully enjoy the prettiest fall day at a fall festival with all my lads.
When I snagged Kael from the office and brought him to his brothers in the car he said, 
"Mom, do you know what happens when you get checked out?"
I could tell my big boy was MOST serious so I played right along, "NO!  What happens?"
"Well, a voice comes into our classroom 'over the air' and says, 'Mrs. Williams, Kael is being checked out.'  Then Mrs. Williams says, 'OK Kael, gather up your things, you're free to go.'  So you go to your cubby -- (only he says cuvvy and I can't bring myself to correct him) and you get your stuff, then when you're walking out everyone is like, 'OH MAN!  You're SO LUCKY!' and then you go to the office. And it's just soooo, so awesome!"
I died.
Celebrity Status via a one-hour-early impromptu pick up.
I'll take it.
Also worth noting -- they must still be little because we spent a good HOUR in the corn pit.  Boone loved it just as much as his big bros.  I loved watching it all.
I'm still finding kernels of corn here and there and it makes me smile.
There was a haunted house (rated G).
A pumpkin painting station for flexing our artistic muscles.
A corn maze that they actually found their way out of together.
Bounce houses, go carts, fighter planes, and a roller coaster.
Sadly Ace was NOT tall enough to drive a go cart but disaster was averted when we spotted the face painter and our little Tiger got his stripes for the 1,024th time.
Then there was a tiny chocolate Frosty for all from Wendy's -- 
And the happiest, most grateful, and tuckered out kiddos in all the world.
Let's clink our hot cocoa mugs together and add another swirl of whip cream, shall we?
Happy Fall Y'all.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

That looks amazing! Good job momma, and I hear you on finding corn kernels for days. Those corn boxes are fun but the corn gets EVERYWHERE!!