Thursday, October 6, 2016

40 weeks...

Today our little Boone Raef is 40 weeks old.
Nine months in - Nine months out...
And he's shakin' all about.
There was a moment in December of last year when I knew he would be a busy bee.  We were sitting at a greasy spoon in Heber after a night of tubing in the snow at Soldier Hollow.  The boys were flying high and we were trying to calm them before our food arrived.  I said, "Watch your baby brother -- he is almost as jazzed about tonight as you guys."  And we all watched as Boone waved hello - kicked with glee - and spun about in my womb like a regular little tornado.  My stomach lurched and morphed right before all of our eyes and that was when Boone became the most real to me and probably to his brothers.  Another little lad to love and adore.  I don't know how we got all the very best ones.  :)
I feel so lucky when I see him healthy as can be.  As hard as it is to watch him achieve milestones in record time, I wouldn't have it any other way.  It's a blessing that he is growing and developing and getting big (despite my heart strings that protest on the regular).
At nine months Boone loves:
His Brothers
His Dad's whiskers
Being Outside
Tagging along in the Baby Back Pack
Baths and Water
Food that he can feed himself
His Bottles (But Mama has to hold it for him)
Kitchen utensils
Exploring in every drawer and cabinet and garbage can and toilet
His Mama :)
Boone doesn't love being left alone.  (It's far too quiet for him)
Holding his own bottle
Pacifiers (much to my dismay)
Holding Still, Especially when getting his diaper changed.
Snuggling to fall asleep.  Give that boy his space!

He just had his first tooth cut through his little gums this weekend.  It's his bottom right one and it caused us all quite a bit of grief.  He went on his first elk hunt this weekend and he has decided cheese & chocolate is where it's at.  :)
We love you little busy body.
Thanks for coming to join our circus!
XO Always.

No comments: