Friday, October 14, 2016

Wheelin' & Dealin'...

I love preschool field trips.  Seriously is there anything more dreamy than discovering what a blacksmith does with a bunch of four and five-year-olds on a beautiful crisp fall morning with a baby on your back?  I am not even being sarcastic when I say there is not.
My head stone should say something like, 
"The most grateful mama in all the land to have gone on nearly every single school field trip."  
  
We went to Wheeler farm with Miss Amy's four-year-old class whom Ace is a part of.  It's comprised of all boys with the exception of two brave little girls, "The Chloes" -- whom Ace pays ZERO attention to.  :)  

I love seeing my boys with their peers.  It's fun to see when they lead, when they follow, when they speak out or when they listen intently.  So many sides to their little personalities that I get to watch when we're in a "school" setting.
Ace is such a social little bug at school.  He is also a little smartie pants.  He is quick to volunteer and give answers and he wraps his arms around little friends as they peer through animal cages.  He is also a little wild.  When the tour guide, Miss Teena, asked them to be cows in the milking barn Ace was a "wild bull" who bucked at the farmer.  Of course.  I guess they can't all be docile.  :)
The blacksmith was a hit.  Ace raced into Ryan's office afterwards to tell him all about making iron into tools and "fings".  "You have to get it really hot and when it's glowing orange you can bend it like play doh!"  It was impressive to watch and man, oh man, that Blacksmith deserved five stars for his "teaching little ones" abilities.  Rapt attention!
Boone tagged along on my back and took it all in.
He is nothing if not quietly observant, patient as can be and happy-go-lucky.
My highlight was seeing Ace interact with his brother as the "big" and not the baby.  I would have stayed at the duck pond all day to watch him wrap his arm around his baby brother and smile and coo at him... Be still my heart.
 
By the time we called it a morning, little Boone was off in La La Land, dreaming of sheep, and pigs and cows and other "fings".
And his mama had to reign herself in to not kiss those little cheeks and lips right off his face. 
Thanks for letting me tag along, fellers. 
XO

No comments: