Thursday, May 26, 2016

Scenes from the Ballpark...

Just a few scenes from Heaven I've been drinking up lately...
To be clear, last night's game time looked as if it would be anything but heavenly...
Ryno texted me and told me he wouldn't make it back in time for the game, which meant I got to schlep all four boys to the ball field in time for warm ups and their game SOLO... 
Two of them were in their unis with their gear.
One of them wanted nothing more than to be in a uni with his gear.
 And one was bundled in a blanket as his mama prayed to the Gods that he would fall asleep.
Sigh.
I was 104% tired before I even got started.
See those dedicated base runners?  Those are my boys.  :)
But then we got there.
The winds stopped and the rain clouds parted 
(And the Heavenly choir sang) - kidding but only kind of.  
My boys focused and played hard and listened to their coach.
Ace sat on the blanket and worked on assembling a plethora of lego guys I had stashed in my bag.
Boone bounced and squirmed until he finally submitted to sleep and snuggled in on my shoulder.
And I watched this field of green full of little boys who are all trying to figure it out as the sun shone golden all around me.
Yep, Heaven.
They're gettin' real good, folks.
And these scenes from the ballpark last night made this gal real happy.
Almost as happy as the celebratory snow cones made them.  :)

No comments: