Saturday, June 4, 2016

Donuts, Peaks & Snaps...

Well, we kicked off summer with cousins at Seven Peaks per tradition.  It was hot, crowded, borderline disgusting, and OH so good.  I saw someone wrote on the Seven Peaks website the following review, "The water was visibly filthy when we went.  I actually saw a bandaid floating in the wave pool."  I'm here to say I have never NOT seen a bandaid floating in the wave pool.  It's like a fixture of all public swimming pools in the summer months.  (A disgusting and nasty fixture, but a perma-fixture during June, July and August, nonetheless).  So consider your immune systems buoyed up like your booty in a donut shaped tube, cause friends... the water will be visibly dirty.  :)
It so happened that our Seven Peaks date fell on National Donut Day so of course we made a pre-peaks stop at Daylight Donuts for some love.  Bonus, everyone got a free donut to celebrate one of my favorite made-up holidays.  That's a good omen don't you think?
The kids vacillated between being pool honeys, wave pool junkies and thrill seekers on the water slides.  They are complete water dogs -- every last one of them.  And I was a little bit carefree since Grandma Janice was tending baby Boone.  It was like I had all "big kids" and it was pretty awesome.  
So, my sis and I caught some rays and managed the "snack bar" and she taught me the fine art of snap chat, which we later perfected in the bucket seats of her hot new Mom van.  You guys, it's literally the lamest social media platform ever BUT it's kind of entertaining.  I mean, a Marilyn Monroe filter?  
I might join Snap Chat yet.  LOL
 We passed this "water themed" mural in downtown Provo and immediately flipped a B and made the kids pose in front of it.  That's what good Mom's do, duh.
Ace is such a stud, he makes Haven's armpits get all sweaty so she has to use the armpit perfume.
Hurry...Name that movie!
 More masculine studliness...
We loaded up those water-logged babes after a long day in the sun and immediately realized we needed to serve up some Snow Cones to keep them awake for the drive home.  #exhausted
It was a pretty great day.
And the happiest baby brother reunions you ever did see.
(After we washed all the giardia off of us)
Summer - we gotcho numba.

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

Such a fun day!!! My girls love that place, especially with their cousins =) And I'm so glad i could teach you about the finer things in life such as snapchat ha!