Thursday, May 12, 2016

Weekend In Review...

Mother's Day Weekend was drenched in rain.
In fact, the only time it didn't rain was Saturday morning during soccer games 
(Miraculously...Silver lining)
The boys made do and enjoyed a lot of puddles mixed with a bit of hail.  That's what boys do - they head outside, in costume if that's what it takes, but dammit they'll find a good time.  That's why I love being a boy mom.  That and the fact that Mother's Day is all my own.  :)
We'll get to that and all it's beautifully painted hand crafted goods I scored, but first, we should say that the rain fit our mood for a portion of the weekend...
On Saturday night our good old dog, Coop, passed away.  Never ever has a better back yard, kiddo lovin' dog ever walked the earth.  I promise you.  He was a good and patient soul and we miss having him peer in through the sliding glass doors and talking out the world's problems with such a great and mellow listener.
 (I will enjoy my poop free lawn as well - Silver lining)
Sunday brought Mother's Day and found us sending balloons off in the sky at a family burial service for our dog, and celebrating Dax pulling his very own tooth!  What the heck kid?  You turn six and you just figure you can take on all of life's challenges?  Sheesh!
I asked the boys to snuggle in on my bed for a picture with me, but as they were sitting there together it was too good.  One of those, "Snapshots turned into all the feels" pictures.  I love it.
And I love this one too because there they are... the four little humans that call me mama.  That gave me my favorite title I've ever had and they make me earn it every day  :)
I've never loved any job more.  I see them sometimes and my heart swells so big I can barely breathe.  I'm also so grateful for their Daddy-o because I promise I couldn't do this without him.
Random side note:  Tie a balloon onto a baby - tie three or four...
 Best hour of his life.  :)

No comments: