Friday, May 6, 2016

Little Snippets of Spring...

Our adventures this week found us at the "Ditch Park" yet again.  My kiddos wait for the water to come flowing every single year and it never disappoints.  I feel like every kid needs a river, a stream, a ditch, a canal - some type of running water - in their childhood and it gives me an embarrassing amount of pleasure that my kiddos have found theirs here in our hood, and that they traipse through it with buddies for hours on end.
We also ran through the sprinklers this week.  It wasn't the first time, but it was the first time since the lawn turned green and the scent of the lilacs tickled my nose while I watched them.
 I wasn't mad about it one bit. 
Probably the biggest news in the house is this little Q-Ball.  I cut off Booner's thinning, straggly remnants of newborn hair and opened Pandora's box of parenthood opinions on baby hair.  Sheesh!  Here was the before pic that spurned my action... Look at those sparse tresses!
Cute brother picture, but oh, that straggly hair!
And here is my little round circle head baby that I snuggle on all the live long day.  
Have I shared the story of the round circle head baby?  Long story short - I was tiny - I asked Santa for a "Round Circle Head Baby" - Santa thought that title was literal and searched the world over in a profuse sweat in search of said baby doll - Christmas morning Santa produced a baby with a bald round head - Tiny Amber was in round circle head baby heaven. 
Fast forward thirty years - Amber is still in round circle head baby heaven.
And I'm not mad about it one bit.

We have also been enjoying the return of the Ninjas thanks to a birthday gift from Aunt Nett which included two Ninja Turtle Walkie Talkies.  I die at the way they go all "deep throat" and utter manly things into their walkies like, "Do you Copy?" and "10-4 Good Buddy".
 Nobody puts baby in a corner - but we do put baby on the trampoline in the shade to hear the birds and see the spring green leaves and smell the lilacs.
And he's not mad about it one bit.
:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So the before and after, it does look better! Also, i want someone to put me on one of those on the tramp- looks so relaxing!!

Unknown said...

oops, that's me...ashley ha ha