Monday, March 16, 2015

Hodge Podge...

Last week my sister and I took our little herd of kids to Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory for a tour complete with samples...
And you know what they say about "Best laid plans", right?
Right.
Every last one of them turned into tiny terrors in mere moments.  And you know, usually I can catch signs that they're moving over to the dark side and kind of nip things in the bud... but this time, well they either gave me no such signs or my optimism (fueled by chocolate fumes) blinded me to their hints or pending horrific.
They all got a stern talking to once the tour was over and had to go back in to apologize to the tour guide and thank her for her time.  Sigh.  She maintained that they did "rather well" and thought they were "so sweet" but again, she is in a constant state of chocolate intoxication.  Maybe I should work there?

My sister and I piled them back into cars to meet up at a fast food joint with a play place, because even if they didn't deserve more time to play, we deserved a little break from the "no" game and we wanted to visit for a bit.  So there.  Disciplinary messages be muddled!
And on a completed unrelated note... and a completed different day,
my little naughties were sweet as pie together.  
 And sweeter than pie to little Emeri whom they snuggled and read blog books to - just to underscore the point that, "they know what it's like to be a baby" because they were once little too.  Does anything crack you up more than little people proving to tiny people how big and mature they are?  
Someone catch me... I swoon every time.
And finally, let us memorialize the day that Ace's dreams came true.  The day he found tiger shoes to go with his tiger tattoos to go with his tiger toys.
This is what it looks like to be tiger obsessed. 
 Or gator obsessed... with a side of "mad that your mama doesn't have gator tattoos but you forgive her because she does have shark tattoos and she pointed out the fact that the teeth are a perfect match from shoe to tattoo." --Phew
That was a close one, you know?

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

It's a darn good thing they had samples or I don't know if I could've done it! LOVING the new shoes!!