Friday, March 27, 2015

Born to Ride...

News Flash...
These little legs belong to my baby, Ace.  
For a week now they have been pedaling around the neighborhood on a big boy bike. 
I didn't know when I put those tiger shoes on his little feet, they would fill him to the brim with ferocious courage and he would find his place in life -- A boy and a bike.
I guarantee if I had known, I might not have made the tiger shoe purchase in the first place.  The rest of his existence falls in layers of meaningless now.  He rides too and fro all afternoon on his speedy rubber tires, a smile at the ready.  His little fingers grip the handlebars and he thoughtfully makes his way from house to house turning this way and that, as he tests his ever-improving balance.
So, let the history books shoe that on a vibrant spring day, with popcorn popping on the trees, Ace turned the page from baby to boy.  
A new season is here, indeed.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Holy Cow, Ace!!?! What the heck!? Cora is still rocking the balance bike at the ripe old age of 5. I guess I better head to the store and get her the real deal. I am a slacker. He is amazing!