Monday, November 3, 2014

The Final Halloween Haul...

Hey!  So, my name is Amber and turns out I'm a holiday hoarder.  I really didn't know this about myself... until these kiddos came along.  And now, here I sit blogging about Halloween for the third time?  The fourth time?  Who knows - but it's excessive and I'm aware of it... but I'm sure not any closer to changing a thing about it.  

And so, I present to you, the last of our Halloween happiness.  Mostly in pictures because you all know I've talked it to death and gotten down on all fours and whispered in it's ear.  We'll call it, "Being thorough."  I will warn you... There is no stopping my holiday shenanigans when it comes to Thanksgiving or Christmas.  So prepare yourselves.
We started with parties at Preschool and followed it up with "Trunk or Treat" at a local car dealership.  It's become a bit of a tradition with my sister... we load up all our littles and head down to hit a bunch of local business who hand out candy and coupons and free kids meals at the dealership; and the biggest bonus is that we leave with their buckets almost full and our shoes only log a one block radius.  It's perfect for little kids who haven't built up their trick or treating stamina.  AND... Olaf was there.  HUGE win for the nieces who like every other little girl in America were dressed as Elsa and Anna.

The dude really does love warm hugs.
 (Uncooperative Baby Olaf there for your viewing pleasure!  :)  Poor baby Emeri was done.)
And then we get the evening party started.  With a buffet of Halloween treats that are typically not helpful in keeping one's "goulish" figure.  You're most welcome for that clever play on words.  :)
When we were ALL in costume.  And I mean all of us...  See my Ryno the hardened criminal?  We hit the streets.  We went with Ryan's brother's family so cousin Zane could come with the boys and his too cool for school teenaged son could man our door... Thanks, Spencer!  It was a gorgeous night with the best cotton candy sky sunset you could dream of.

And the candy Gods were good to us.  :)
I dressed as a Detective who helped my little American Heroes put away the villain.  And since we have a flag hanging on one of our walls, we'll end this on a Patriotic note...
 Gosh they're cute!  And Yes, I'm going to enjoy these themed, adorable costumes while I can.  Before I know it they'll be ten and wanting to dress as zombies or the grim reaper.  Sigh.
 HOOAH, Boys!
XO

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

So where is a pic of your detective costume?!!