Thursday, November 6, 2014

Goodikens...

You know, lately I've been wrapped up in their "bigness" and all things that bigness entails... Preschool, soccer, gymnastics, messes that would make your head explode... 
ie: The confetti party Kael started in the garage with the bin of dog food and then later the confetti party in the basement with glitter (yet to be determined who started that one).
You know, you're real-life Dennis the Menace type stuff.
But then I see them all pajammied and clean and watching Sesame Street before bed and I'm reminded that they are all just little Goodikens.  It's a real term if you don't google it.  You know, if we were all more honest we'd profess to love lounging on the living room floor amidst friends in a good striped long john with chocolate milk and Sesame Street.
It's probably a universal truth and I love that they just flaunt it.  
Furthermore, today was rhyming day at Preschool.  I know this because it renewed our game of spouting off all things we can possibly dream up that rhyme.  Dax told us tonight at dinner that he came up "with the best rhyming words of anyone at his school today..."
"Oh?" I said... "What were your amazing rhymes?"
"Well, deer and fear," he said grinning from behind his lashes.
AND "Buck and f*$%"
I may or may not have spewed a little Crystal Light across the table.
Poor Miss Amy.
But then again... I'm happy to note he is so innocent and pure.  He knows nothing of that word and like his naive mama, I intend to keep it that way until he is at least 14... which is when this late bloomer learned it's meaning.  And hopefully he'll be falling asleep with his Daddy-o on the couch until he's at least twelve.  Is that too much to ask?
I would like to further confess that little Mister Ace is wild and bossy.  He got to go to the play land at Ikea with the big boys for the first time this week and I guess it was just too much to take in all at once. Apparently he "had a hard time remembering the rules of Small-land" and I got the dreaded phone call from Jodie, the Small Land administrator.
Jodie could have saved herself a call.  I heard more than the polite version from his eager-to-tell-on-him brothers...
"Ace was throwing all the balls out of the ball pit."
AND
"Ace was chasing other little kids with the stuffed animal shark and making them scared."
AND
"Ace said he would not color a picture... 'NEVER!'"
Oh Boy.
And you know that quote about having one "Wild and Precious Life?"
They all kind of make mine.
Confetti parties, cuss words and Small Land flunkies included.
I blame the time change for demonizing my little loves.  But really though... their ain't nothin' good about trying to pull one over on little walking alarm clocks.  They can't be fooled, people.
And despite all the evidence otherwise, I'll still call them my goodikens.
And proclaim that stripes on stripes is never too much.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Love the stripes on stripes! Amen to the time changes...I got little people running around at 6:30 a.m. and by the end of the day they (and their mom) are GROUCHY! The sunsets help, though, they have been beautiful this week, awesome picture!